Chinese localization tweak

Post your technical problems here.
Ryan
Colonel

Chinese localization tweak

Unread postby Ryan » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:41 pm

Hi! Good to see a Chinese localization. However, as a Chinese player, I noticed some of the translations could have have some tweaks. For example, as shown in the screenshot, I would replace "机动兵" to "机动部队", because even though "机动" stands for "mobile", we never use the word "机动兵", while "机动部队" is a more native word for "mobile unit". There are much more I would like to change, let me know if you want to hear more :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Re: Chinese localization tweak

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:21 pm

Hi, thanks for posting!

I made a note to forward your post to the translation team when they get going on the DLC. I have this post from you and another post for the german translation, and everything gets sent to the translators.

In the end I trust them to make the choices, but feel free to take up the issue again if you don't like their solution (or simply post other issues if you see them).

Cheers! :)

Ryan
Colonel

Re: Chinese localization tweak

Unread postby Ryan » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:10 am

I just noticed the following screenshot in the steam community and spotted another few issues:
Texts are out of bound of the cards, maybe consider preserve some of the English letters?
Top left, 英国第8军should be英国第8集团军, where 集团军 is Army and 军 is corps.
:D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.