Please Help!!!

Post your technical problems here.
entropy314
Cadet

Please Help!!!

Unread postby entropy314 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:56 pm

I just spent the last week playing though the campaign choosing the "alternative history" path. After a grueling battle to take and hold Arnhem (again), there was no option to "Exploit the Rhine Bridgehead".

Did i miss something?

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Re: Please Help!!!

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:27 am

If you have taken the Arnhem objective, then the alt-history plan (Exploit the Rhine Bridgehead) should appear when you to press the button to go to next conference. It should be in the "sidebar" on the right hand side of the screen.

If that's somehow not happening, please attach your save file (west.usg), and we'll take a look. Here is where to find the save file:
viewtopic.php?f=69&t=8892

Cheers!

entropy314
Cadet

Unread postby entropy314 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:38 pm

Thank you very much for your response

I think I may know what the problem is.

I started the alt history campaign from a saved file of conference 3 which was probably saved back in March or April.

While the option was there to choose the alt path, the only new scenario after con 4 was Ljubljana gap.

Is it possible that I started from a saved campaign before all 13 new scenarios were uploaded?

If so, I will enjoy playing through the game again to get to the alternative ending.

This game has really helped get me through this pandemic and I look forward to playing more of your games.

Thank you for your time.

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:12 pm

You are right, the 13 alt-history scenarios were added in the V-E Day update, on May 8th.

To get to them, I would recommend re-playing the campaign.

We can try to "update" existing save files with new content, but the method is not bulletproof. We had it work perfectly, but we also had it break down a few scenarios down the road. You probably want the content and balance updates from the V-E Day update anyway.

Glad you're enjoying the game :)

Cheers!

entropy314
Cadet

Unread postby entropy314 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:24 pm

All good, I'm going to replay

Thabks for the help.