Scenarios in chronological order?

Ask, comment, read.
VarlosZ
Cadet

Scenarios in chronological order?

Unread postby VarlosZ » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:29 am

I want to check something before I do another scenario, and/or have to re-do one unnecessarily.

The manual says battles must be fought in chronological order. Is that literally true? Specifically, I fought Rush For the Apennines without upgrading my Normandy HQs because I assumed I could do it later, and now, after that battle, I'm getting the option to fight Overlord. Am I correct in assuming that if I just continue on with all the Italy-Vienna-Bohemia tree without switching over to Western Europe, I'll lose the ability to go back and fill in the battles stemming from Overlord though March of '45? Or (as I hope), can I still fight the battles out of chronological order and do all of them?

If continuing on in Italy does in fact stop me from fighting Overlord, might I suggest a pop-up warning at the 3rd Conference that it's your LAST chance to upgrade your Normandy HQs before Overlord, not merely your first chance? And, likewise, a pop-up warning before starting any battle that will end your opportunity to fight a different battle would be good.

Anyway, loving the game -- great job by the dev team. :D

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Re: Scenarios in chronological order?

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:49 am

Hi VarlosZ,

you fight both in France and in Italy. You will be playing all the scenarios that are visible in the campaign map (either as playable or as locked). After you have completed all of them, there will be a conference, and at that point you will be able to upgrade your HQs.

We provide a handy scenario chart. Here is a link in case you didn't see this before:
https://unityofcommand.net/wp/wp-conten ... _chart.pdf
https://unityofcommand.net/wp/wp-conten ... art_hd.png

When the manual says "chronologically" it means roughly chronologically. The campaign game takes care of that: scenarios that are playable "now" are shown as playable, while other scenarios are locked. You need to complete all playable scenarios first, and then the game will unlock some of the "locked" scenarios.

Cheers!

VarlosZ
Cadet

Unread postby VarlosZ » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:12 am

I see, thank you. But, if I neglected to upgrade my Normandy HQs at the conference following Monte Cassino, will I have another chance to do so before fighting Overlord (following Road From Rimini, for example)?

Thanks again.

VarlosZ
Cadet

Unread postby VarlosZ » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:14 am

(Never mind, I see now I won't. I'll rewind to the conference preceding Apennines.)