Alt history scenarios

Ask, comment, read.
sourdust
Brigadier General

Alt history scenarios

Unread postby sourdust » Mon May 25, 2020 6:22 am

Just wanted to say very well done on the Alt History paths, and the big VE Day update.

As I have come to expect from the team, the scenarios are interesting, varied, plausible, difficult and lots of fun!

I dialled myself back to "Classic" difficulty for my first full run-through with all alt path, and managed it with a score of just under 15000. Had to restart two of the new scenarios, due to stupid and also a tough AI. I was definitely worrying throughout about my casualties, fretting over every hit I took, just like real life Allies did.

I am very proud of myself for managing "Unthinkable" on my first go-through. Studies the map for like an hour before I started. I confess to using a bit of cheese... 7x airborne units blanketing Central and North Poland, putting a good chunk of the Soviet army out of supply from turn one. (One quirk in Unthinkable: when I finally reached Warsaw, Krakow and Sandomierz, there were no defenders... looks like the AI had pushed them all forward. I was able to take the objectives well ahead of time. A couple of dedicated entrenched defenders in those objectives would have made life harder!)

Great job guys. On to "hard" level again.

Danielefc
2x2 Games

Re: Alt history scenarios

Unread postby Danielefc » Tue May 26, 2020 7:56 am

Hey!

Welcome back and thanks for the kind words :)

Don't "worry" about gaming Unthinkable - it's meant to be "slightly gamey and over the top".

Cheers!