Please remove double penalty for Conference restart

Ask, comment, read.
Eqqman
Captain

Please remove double penalty for Conference restart

Unread postby Eqqman » Tue May 19, 2020 4:37 pm

Hello-

If I realize that I can't succeed in a scenario w/o doing Conference purchases, it looks like you get penalized twice. The option to restart from last Conference is not available unless you first surrender and restart the current scenario. So you get penalized twice, first for quitting the scenario and then for quitting the Conference. You would think resetting the Conference would supersede the scenario.

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Re: Please remove double penalty for Conference restart

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Tue May 19, 2020 6:11 pm

There is no double penalty.

First, your score gets reset to what it was before the conference/scenario (whatever you are restarting). Then, a score penalty is applied.

So it doesn't matter how many times you restarted a scenario... if you restart the entire conference, then your score first gets reset to what it was when you first reached the conference. Any scenarios played after that are forgotten (including any restarts of those scenarios). Only after that is the penalty applied.

Cheers!

Eqqman
Captain

Re: Please remove double penalty for Conference restart

Unread postby Eqqman » Thu May 21, 2020 5:32 am

Thank you for the clarification. All these penalties still seem excessive... I can restart a scenario enough times to (presumably) end up with zero score, which I could undo by restarting the Conference, at the cost of still having to redo the scenario that became so problematic. Given that I don't see the game even keeping a high score list anywhere for the player's benefit, what's all the constant penalties even in aid of, anyway?