Question on campaign HQs Renaming and Changing Theater

Ask, comment, read.
Eqqman
Captain

Question on campaign HQs Renaming and Changing Theater

Unread postby Eqqman » Tue May 12, 2020 10:11 pm

Hello-

Is the US 7th that appears in the Mediterranean theater the same one that appears later in Europe? I ask since the Mediterranean version only appears in the Husky scenario so I've been reluctant to use any prestige upgrading it if this is lost when the HQ "transfers" to Europe.

Likewise, is the "Armee B" French HQ in conference #4 the same one that appears as "French 1st" in conferences #5-6? Same reason here, I'd be happier spending prestige upgrading Armee B if I knew that HQ was useful for more than just the Dragoon scenario.

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Re: Question on campaign HQs Renaming and Changing Theater

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Wed May 13, 2020 11:37 am

The 7th Army in the Med is not the same as the 7th Army later on in Europe.

For gameplay reasons, we made it so that US II Corps -> US 7th Army (Sicily) -> US 5th Army.

In reality, the Americans left the 7th Army HQ in Sicily (I think) to prepare for Anvil/Dragoon, and sent a new HQ under Mark Clark into Italy as the 5th Army.

As for the other question, French Armee B -> French 1st. The scenario chart should help clear this up if you're ever in doubt.

Cheers!

Eqqman
Captain

Re: Question on campaign HQs Renaming and Changing Theater

Unread postby Eqqman » Wed May 13, 2020 6:52 pm

Wow that chart is great, thanks! Now I can stop being stingy with US II in the first scenario...