Question on Logistics

Ask, comment, read.
Eqqman
Captain

Question on Logistics

Unread postby Eqqman » Sun May 03, 2020 7:14 am

Just had an interesting experience in the final campaign scenario where my offensives petered out due to lack of supply. However all my units were on connected rail so I couldn't figure out why the supply was so bad. After a while I realized that the off-map icon for some of the rail lines is a truck and not the track icon. So I presume now that the rail icon gives unlimited supply but the truck icon is limited. How exactly does the rail supply work when the off-map source is a truck and not a railroad?

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Re: Question on Logistics

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Sun May 03, 2020 8:44 am

When the supply source is a truck, it does not connect to the rail network (Manual, section 3.4.). That means the supply does not spread infinitely from the truck, as it would from a rail source.

You can place a supply hub (barrel) on road or rail, up to 5 hexes away from the truck supply source. This is analogous how you can place it up to 5 hexes away from a supplied rail hex.

For general information on supply, I recommend this blog post: https://unityofcommand.net/blog/2019/11 ... -diary-25/

Cheers!