Colonel

Re: Update 11 test

Unread postby Ryan » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:17 pm

yeahhh, can't wait to kick those American newbies

DarkLight
First Lieutenant

Unread postby DarkLight » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:44 am

Been playing Kasserine on the testing branch, fun map, tryng hard to get to those two bonus objectives up the northen end of the map on classic but so far no luck, you just have no time to dislodge the allied units on the urban settlements along the way... Regular objectives seem easy enough, will update if I manage to get done anything new.

EDIT

Yeah this one was a real SOB but I managed to get it done on Classic. I got lucky with the first airstrike on Sidi Bou Zid and on also couple of good rolls later on but thats how she goes sometimes... It was key to get both of my Panzer units with arty in range of the bunkered down allied units at the end of each turn so they can open up the next one with a supression barrage, that way you can weak them and speed your way up to the objectives, you still probably gonna need a bit of luck but it its what it its, overall fun and challenging map specially if you decide to go for the bonus objectives.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Danielefc
2x2 Games

Unread postby Danielefc » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:19 pm

@DarkLight

Good additional feedback. Cheers :) Getting the arty units into to position is indeed one of the more important aspects in this one. Also, eating stragglers to deny them to the Allied HQs is a good idea (with "recon in force" if need be)

There will be some tweaks in tomorrow's update that will make this scenario slightly easier.

* An additional turn to:
** scenario length
** Kasserine
** Thala
** Tébessa
* slight increase in german unit's starting XP (so that they can reorg their stragglers without losing veterancy)
* a couple of allied units get one less step

Adronio
Colonel

Unread postby Adronio » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:50 pm

5 Turn Kasserine almost managed to get to the bonus objective. So close, yet so far...

This might be easier then the other german scenarios but damn if I dont feel fragile as all hell.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

juoc
Major

Unread postby juoc » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:58 pm

Never got to play Kasserine before it was made easier unfortunately but it was still tricky and I lost two times. On my second playthrough on Hard I managed to get the balance of units right east and west of Kasserine. Might be my favourite of the axis scenarios so far.