set_piece_dfe_entr_table

Ask, comment, read.
Eskuche
First Lieutenant

set_piece_dfe_entr_table

Unread postby Eskuche » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:36 pm

Could we have this table please? It’s frustrating to set up art + engineer set pieces that fail to breach fortifications by even one level. Would like to know the shifts and window (or distribution?). I’ve also noticed that many times US ID with two artillery pieces cannot remove entrenchment from German ID in even intact cities.

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Re: set_piece_dfe_entr_table

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:03 am

I made a note to add this table to the manual. Here it is, from game.yml:

For combat odds -3 to +9:
0.25, 0.5, 0.75, 1., 1., 1., 1., 1., 1., 1., 1., 1., 1.

So, chance to remove entrenchment is pretty much 100% unless your unit is rather weak and gets -3, -2, or -1 combat odds. This is done precisely to prevent, for example, 1-step units with some artillery being created to remove entrenchment. Remember it's always a good idea to add engineers for set pieces. They give you an extra roll each, which usually means a level of entrenchment removal.

Cheers!

Eskuche
First Lieutenant

Unread postby Eskuche » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:46 pm

Much appreciated. The issue I was having is lack of engineer (and even M10) availability in later stages. They’re almost never offered and tend to die pretty quickly given their step position. Also, any chance at rebalancing the numbers? As I mentioned full six step US ID with two art pieces has low chance to reduce fortified even Volksgrenadiers. Though I guess the artillery isn’t strictly contributing combat value against fortified city. An alternative would be to actually list the true chances of success (.25, .5, .75) instead of saying flatly that it’s always 100%.

Danielefc
2x2 Games

Unread postby Danielefc » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:11 pm

I've added some US engineers to the conferences in Northern Europe in the newest update (currently in the testing branch). Their omission was an "oops" :oops:. But it's only one per conference so use them wisely. Conversely I've lowered the number of engineers available to the Brits as they had too easy access to them - specially considering they can also use "the Funnies".

Cheers