no pool purchases or map setup in Northern Campaign?

Ask, comment, read.
slippr
Captain

no pool purchases or map setup in Northern Campaign?

Unread postby slippr » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:11 pm

up to Dday it was possible to purchase units at the start of each mission. once I reached Dday I haven't had a single opportunity to do so: it seems the motor pool option and the Green Checkmarked preparation phase are completely absent here. the question is WHY? thnx!

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Re: no pool purchases or map setup in Northern Campaign?

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:50 pm

HQ motor pool may be unavailable because you didn't upgrade your HQ's logistics branch.

There should be battle prep phase in Battle of the Bocage, immediately after Overlord.

If it's not there, that's a bug - please send us your west.usg file and we'll take a look. Instructions HERE.

Cheers!

slippr
Captain

Unread postby slippr » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:00 pm

thanks as always TU.

I don't recall if BOB had a prep/setup option but afterwards, all the way through Race across France, there has been none and no motor pool option to use prestige to buy units whatsoever. Right up to Race Across France i can see the upgrade hq upgrade popup screen between missions when selected but no purchasing options available: its the same for all armies in the north. see screen attached.

Does this sound off to you? If so will send in the reports as requested. do let me know.

thanks

ps lots of prestige so that isnt it...
pps as I recall I had motor pool purchase options right up to the switch to Normandy. Now absent through whole North E. campaign... I am still winning though but it can be overly tough at times...

Untitled.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

slippr
Captain

Unread postby slippr » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:09 pm

-prep phase back with Market Garden: still no hq upgrades available but motor pool purchases are back.

thus: is it correct 1) that there are no prep phases or motor pool purchases between bocage and market garden? that hq upgrades are also off from bocage to MG?

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:11 pm

That HQ indeed looks suspiciously weak. Can you please send us your west.usg so we can take a look?

This post here explains how to find your west.usg (savegame): LINK

slippr
Captain

Unread postby slippr » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:53 pm

[quote="Tomislav Uzelac"]That HQ indeed looks suspiciously weak. Can you please send us your west.usg so we can take a look?

here TU:
Windows 8.1 - no hq update possible
Uploaded files: log.txt, west.usg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:57 am

Thanks for reporting this.

There was a bug where, if the HQ had suppressed branches, they would show as "not upgraded" in the campaign screen. This has now been fixed (in Testing Branch, soon to be pushed to default branch on Steam).

As for your ongoing game, the branches should become un-suppressed when you start the next scenario.

Cheers!