Eastern Front & other theatres

Ask, comment, read.
Stahlgewitter
Colonel

Re: Eastern Front & other theatres

Unread postby Stahlgewitter » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:46 pm

By including the Normandy map the devs have shown us they're willing to add alternate map scales.

God willing they'd do the same for the Berlin, Moscow, Leningrad and Stalingrad areas. For example, taking Moscow in the otherwise excellent Typhoon scenario felt about as climactic as raking leaves off the drive.

genBrooks
Brigadier General

Unread postby genBrooks » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:52 am

malkavian54 wrote:Manchuria was the culmination of a hard road for the soviet army, so it should be in, especially because of the sheer scale of the campaign, it would make a great last scenario.

Prospekt Manchuria scn = Rhine et Danube :?: I mean it should be true challenge like this map from vanilla game, so there should be a long distance to overcome, destroyed bridges, but also mountains and a huge steppe, without water, fuel and ammunition
In addition, hardly available trucks and a few supply drops, to sweeten the player's fate :lol:
This is my vision of Manchuria scenario 8-) ;)

genBrooks
Brigadier General

Unread postby genBrooks » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:00 am

Stahlgewitter wrote:By including the Normandy map the devs have shown us they're willing to add alternate map scales.

God willing they'd do the same for the Berlin, Moscow, Leningrad and Stalingrad areas. For example, taking Moscow in the otherwise excellent Typhoon scenario felt about as climactic as raking leaves off the drive.

I suppose there is much more maps for alternate scales - eg. Dunkirk, Crete, Kursk south & north (two separate scenarios), Caucasus (Ordzhonikidze offensive, Georgian Military Road, fighting in Kuban and the Taman Peninsula) BUT STALINGRAD IS A MUST :!: :!: :!: This must be a separate big city battle map
I think that such different map scales could also provide PTO for UoC, or other small but important locations - I mean Malta or Gibraltar