Hack for Belfort Gap

Ask, comment, read.
Ritalingamer
Colonel

Hack for Belfort Gap

Unread postby Ritalingamer » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:44 pm

I just noticed on a playthrough that Belfort Gap becomes comically easy if you use an SOE sabotage card on the bridge to the East of Belfort - that's their only route for supply and the Germans seem unable/unwilling to repair, so if you drop it on turn 1 the Germans quickly wither on the vine and the whole scenario becomes a walkover by Turn 4. I won with zero casualties. I don't know if that's a case of it working as intended or if that's a hack that needs to be addressed.

funky_trader
Major

Re: Hack for Belfort Gap

Unread postby funky_trader » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:03 am

I don't really think its a hack, rather than a clever used of cards when the Germans have limited supply sources. A bit like dropping a paratrooper square on their only railway/bridge

What is more problematic is that the AI doesn't know when to build/rebuild bridges. It shouldn't strand their entire army.

Another funny thing that often happens is if you press the AI too hard and it decides to blow up the bridge behind its front line units to slow you down. Thereby leaving most of his units out of supply. And often the HQ is still on the wrong side of the river! :D

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Re: Hack for Belfort Gap

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:37 am

funky_trader wrote:What is more problematic is that the AI doesn't know when to build/rebuild bridges.

Yes, agreed. This can't be fixed with a quick update though: the AI code is not trivial, plus it could potentially upset the balance of other scenarios.

We will be addressing this once we start doing bigger updates which will receive more testing before release.