force pool and deploy step allocations

Ask, comment, read.
slippr
Captain

force pool and deploy step allocations

Unread postby slippr » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:36 pm

i often find myself poking around to see where i can deploy force pool and step units (two button options on bottom right of screen). is there any way to know which of these available units can or can not mix and match with unit groups already on the map? it seems a bit unintuitive at this point.. tnx

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Re: force pool and deploy step allocations

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:29 pm

You can select the HQ (as opposed to the units themselves) - you will see that the HQ bar at the bottom is brass, not black.

If you go to deploy from this "brass" UI, it will actually do what you're asking for: highlight the units that can take a specific reinforecement.

Cheers!

slippr
Captain

Unread postby slippr » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:33 pm

i had that part. sometimes i have a uk armor unit that is obviously at half capacity on the map and one in the pool or deploy step list but am unable to deploy these. also sometimes have units that are at low capacity, british or american but can not draw on french or other infantry replacements in the deploy step or force pool though the flags show compatibility with british and american units.

so somewhat confusing. yes i can see the standard associated from the HQ as you suggest but can't understand why some deployment options are not usable. thanks

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:23 am

You need to have the correct combination of infantry + armor to create armor steps. Also the unit needs to be in supply, in range etc.

When you hit this issue next time, please post a screenshot here.

We would like to include more information e.g. in the tooltips, but it's not always obvious what the player needs and we always run the risk of cluttering game.