How Deficient is my Lenovo "Rig" for UOCII purposes?

Ask, comment, read.
slippr
Captain

How Deficient is my Lenovo "Rig" for UOCII purposes?

Unread postby slippr » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:47 pm

256 Gb SSD
8 GB DDR3 ram
Intel HD 5500
Intel Core I7 5600U

My concern is what features, especially graphical, I won't be able to use

thanks for the input!

matthew2582
First Lieutenant

Re: How Deficient is my Lenovo "Rig" for UOCII purposes?

Unread postby matthew2582 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:35 pm

Sorry - no chance - you would need to add a dedicated card like GTX 1650, RX 580 - Please see screenshot - and you can test it here - https://www.pcgamebenchmark.com/unity-o ... quirements
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

slippr
Captain

Unread postby slippr » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:08 pm

FireShot Capture 013 - Unity of Command II System Requirements - Can I Run It_ - PCGameBench_ - www.pcgamebenchmark.com.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:47 am

Intel 5xxx series is supported.

Note that it's a weaker GPU so you will need to play on "Low" graphics settings and the frame rate won't be super high. We have found this not to be a problem for play, but just so you know.

Feel free just refund on Steam if it doesn't work for you. Just don't forget to change the graphics preset in Options/Video. Also, make sure your graphics drivers are up to date: this is mostly fine on Win 10, but Win 7/8 machines can sometimes be badly out of date.

Cheers!

slippr
Captain

Unread postby slippr » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:57 pm

Thanks TU! I guess this is like getting a reply from Steve Jobs when you call the apple call center!

ps I can play with AF and smoothing on low and all others on high and the game is very responsive. I would say there is very little loss of quality and full playability on decent laptops that do no have dedicated graphics card. So this much has remained the same since UOC the first.

Tomislav Uzelac wrote:Intel 5xxx series is supported.

Note that it's a weaker GPU so you will need to play on "Low" graphics settings and the frame rate won't be super high. We have found this not to be a problem for play, but just so you know.

Feel free just refund on Steam if it doesn't work for you. Just don't forget to change the graphics preset in Options/Video. Also, make sure your graphics drivers are up to date: this is mostly fine on Win 10, but Win 7/8 machines can sometimes be badly out of date.

Cheers!

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:19 pm

slippr wrote:Thanks TU! I guess this is like getting a reply from Steve Jobs when you call the apple call center!

Hahah yeah that's exactly how it is ROFL. Thanks man 8-)

Glad we were able to set you up with the game.