All about Specialist

Ask, comment, read.
genBrooks
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 121
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:47 pm

All about Specialist

Unread postby genBrooks » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:14 pm

Why is the difference in the price of these specialists? The statistics are identical, so where is this added value?

(also I would like much more information about specialists than in the current Manual, where is very little about it :roll: )


similar specialists.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

malkavian54
Major
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:18 pm

Re: All about Specialist

Unread postby malkavian54 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:12 pm

Have you tried assigning them to troops in landing boats?

HappyDaze
Captain
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:14 pm

Re: All about Specialist

Unread postby HappyDaze » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:58 am

The statistics don't tell the whole story. For instance, the Sherman DD is amphibious (sort of) whereas the plain jane version is not. So the DD version offers a certain measure of operational flexibility if water needs to be crossed.

As for the Churchill, the "funnies" version had several kinds of engineering capability not present in the more conventional model.

Happy

genBrooks
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 121
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:47 pm

Re: All about Specialist

Unread postby genBrooks » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:03 am

HappyDaze wrote:The statistics don't tell the whole story. For instance, the Sherman DD is amphibious (sort of) whereas the plain jane version is not. So the DD version offers a certain measure of operational flexibility if water needs to be crossed.

As for the Churchill, the "funnies" version had several kinds of engineering capability not present in the more conventional model.

Happy


I'm just talking about it, I miss the Manual describing eg. how Sherman DD specialist step work for unit and what additional possibilities Hobart Funnies give for unit?
I'm asking for a comprehensive, accurate, complete list with a detailed description as a Supplement to the Manual

Articwulf
First Lieutenant
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:04 pm

Re: All about Specialist

Unread postby Articwulf » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:46 pm

genBrooks wrote:
HappyDaze wrote:The statistics don't tell the whole story. For instance, the Sherman DD is amphibious (sort of) whereas the plain jane version is not. So the DD version offers a certain measure of operational flexibility if water needs to be crossed.

As for the Churchill, the "funnies" version had several kinds of engineering capability not present in the more conventional model.

Happy


I'm just talking about it, I miss the Manual describing eg. how Sherman DD specialist step work for unit and what additional possibilities Hobart Funnies give for unit?
I'm asking for a comprehensive, accurate, complete list with a detailed description as a Supplement to the Manual


Agree, there needs to be a tool tip giving the details about the benefits and the specific effects on combat and movement.

HappyDaze
Captain
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:14 pm

Re: All about Specialist

Unread postby HappyDaze » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:54 pm

Articwulf wrote:Agree, there needs to be a tool tip giving the details about the benefits and the specific effects on combat and movement.


I think that would be fine to have, and have just in time for the Mac version. :D

Happy

Articwulf
First Lieutenant
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:04 pm

Re: All about Specialist

Unread postby Articwulf » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:05 am

HappyDaze wrote:
Articwulf wrote:Agree, there needs to be a tool tip giving the details about the benefits and the specific effects on combat and movement.


I think that would be fine to have, and have just in time for the Mac version. :D

Happy


Its coming... right after the Commodore 64 :D

genBrooks
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 121
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:47 pm

Re: All about Specialist

Unread postby genBrooks » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:53 am

Ok, I've found this thread, it's very helpful but many questions remain, especially when it comes to "mixed" specialists: eg. Hobart Funnies (armor+engineers+...artillery?) or Sherman DD (armor+...engineers?)

https://steamcommunity.com/app/809230/discussions/0/3338785229799083338/?ctp=2

Adronio
Major
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:05 pm

Re: All about Specialist

Unread postby Adronio » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:01 am

genBrooks wrote:Ok, I've found this thread, it's very helpful but many questions remain, especially when it comes to "mixed" specialists: eg. Hobart Funnies (armor+engineers+...artillery?) or Sherman DD (armor+...engineers?)


Hobart Funnies and Sherman DD are amphibious tanks, so AFAIK they act like special forces and don't get suppressed after river crossings or river assaults. Apart from that they just act like normal tank specialists.

genBrooks
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 121
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:47 pm

Re: All about Specialist

Unread postby genBrooks » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:05 am

Adronio wrote:
genBrooks wrote:Ok, I've found this thread, it's very helpful but many questions remain, especially when it comes to "mixed" specialists: eg. Hobart Funnies (armor+engineers+...artillery?) or Sherman DD (armor+...engineers?)


Hobart Funnies and Sherman DD are amphibious tanks, so AFAIK they act like special forces and don't get suppressed after river crossings or river assaults. Apart from that they just act like normal tank specialists.


Agree, but Engineers specialists also act like you described during river crossing I suppose