Going Back - Rush to the Appenies

Ask, comment, read.
Articwulf
Captain

Going Back - Rush to the Appenies

Unread postby Articwulf » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:06 pm

Hi,

I decided to pay 50CP to jump to Rush to the Apennies. This has not worked out well. How do I go back and choose instead the Rome path? Or do i have to completely replay the previous scenario to get this choice again?

Regards,
BC

Articwulf
Captain

Re: Going Back - Rush to the Appenies

Unread postby Articwulf » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:06 am

I'm gonna take it this is a "no"?

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:53 am

There is no going back in the campaign, you can only replay the current scenario. :?

Choosing an ahistorical track implies a jump in difficulty. Mostly you don't really want to go there on your first try of the campaign, the historical track should be hard enough.

We should definitely be communicating that better. I'll be putting in some more tooltips to boot.

Cheers!

Rommel
Brigadier General

Unread postby Rommel » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:50 am

Sorry, Tomislav, but I think you made a mistake here.

Let say that you go and gamble, and fail...there should be a possibility to go back to historical campaign, as the Allies would get required supplies to continue the fight.

Italy was quite important.

Or just make few more scenarios in the future for another alt hist branch? One that does not go to Ljubljana.

As at this point there is no way to continue, which is game breaking.

At minimum put a notification (big one) - there is no way back (like i Witcher 3). I know that is not the same genre, but at the moment it is game breaking for many.

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:51 am

Yeah, we will be discussing this topic. We don't like fail states either.

We thought most people would go for the historical track, but were proven wrong, I read the forums too :)

juxur
Second Lieutenant

Unread postby juxur » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:02 am

Classic has proven mostly to be an enjoyably experience and pleasantly challenging one too. Road from Rimini has me stymied thought in my current campaign. I just can get to Udine (and most of the time Trento too) in time with enough strength to take the city. Any suggestions on how to crack this one?

Overall in my opinion the campaign would be on another level of awesome if failing to take certain objectives would not result in the failure of the entire scenario, but would translate to certain hardships in the following scenarios instead.

Rommel
Brigadier General

Unread postby Rommel » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:04 pm

Tomislav Uzelac wrote:Yeah, we will be discussing this topic. We don't like fail states either.

We thought most people would go for the historical track, but were proven wrong, I read the forums too :)

Glad to hear you are having something in plan.

As for what you were thinking, ah, it is like you do not know players. They will always go for a new, and most risky path. ;)
Hopefully, the change will be implemented soon.

But I like the addition of GELIGNITE.

Maybe you can add scenarios based on hypothetical ARMPIT too. Amphibious landing on eastern Adriatic coast? And then after successful landing, you get Ljubljana gap scenario? Or directly on Zagreb.

As for Ljubljana gap, if Graz falls, the next is Vienna, right? That was Alexander's plan, as far I remember? And then to Budapest, to get there before the Russians?

Also, there is one more thing I was considering, and I do not see them in Ljubljana gap. It is obvious that Tito would not be happy with such a solution. But would he stay aside. I suppose that he would join the fight...Brits were supporting him after 43 after all. Maybe you could add few partisan units to the scenario, and to the new ones, if Adriatic landings scenario get implemented. It would be interesting, and according to alt history.

And would be ANVIL, aka DRAGOON implemented if Northern Italy was taken according to the Alexander's plan. Why to strike in South France, if Slavonia, and later Hungary is open to Allied advance? Ok, there is question of French troops, and their use, as they definitely advocated for ANVIL

I know this is all alt history, but it would be nice to implement some diversity in NW Europe too. As it is never bad to spice up the alt history. That is what alt history is for, right...

Kad je bal nek je maskenbal :)

Articwulf
Captain

Unread postby Articwulf » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:30 pm

Yeah OK... That's fine, but please put in a "failed" option. I had to redo my entire campaign because of this and it felt quite punative.

One other note, and I'll make a separate post for it, but the reuse of maps is a bit excessive. I feel like I'm fighting the Vietnam War with the number of times I have smashed thru Cassio and captured Rome... Only to discover we have given it back and now the Germs have twice as many dug in troops there.

If you gonna let me win big, please remember and reward.

Love the game BTW :)

Tomislav Uzelac wrote:There is no going back in the campaign, you can only replay the current scenario. :?

Choosing an ahistorical track implies a jump in difficulty. Mostly you don't really want to go there on your first try of the campaign, the historical track should be hard enough.

We should definitely be communicating that better. I'll be putting in some more tooltips to boot.

Cheers!

Articwulf
Captain

Unread postby Articwulf » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:35 pm

Same thing for Normandy. I was at the bottom of the map by the end of the first scenario.. The second put me back at the top with out even Caen or St Lo and 4 German Panther units around Caen.

mhladnik
Second Lieutenant

Unread postby mhladnik » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:24 am

Ah crap :/ I just unknowingly made this same mistake yesterday.
As for reverting, I think a sensible option would be the chance to reset to the beginning of each conference.