matthew2582
First Lieutenant

OOB Compared To UOC II

Unread postby matthew2582 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:50 pm

I haven't bought UOC II yet - but here are the key benefits of OOB
1. Has multiple DLCs and multiple theatres
2. Has a demo you can try
3. Price - $14.99 for any of the DLCs is great value
4. Has loads of free DLCs from Erik's Campaigns on Slitherine - and Erik's Campaigns are excellent quality
5. Also has a challenging supply system
6. Has excellent game mechanics
7. Has a good manual
8. Has great user support and forums

I will buy UOC II - but OOB is a great game at a great value

Spaceman95
Major General

Re: OOB Compared To UOC II

Unread postby Spaceman95 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:40 pm

matthew2582 wrote:I haven't bought UOC II yet - but here are the key benefits of OOB
1. Has multiple DLCs and multiple theatres
2. Has a demo you can try
3. Price - $14.99 for any of the DLCs is great value
4. Has loads of free DLCs from Erik's Campaigns on Slitherine - and Erik's Campaigns are excellent quality
5. Also has a challenging supply system
6. Has excellent game mechanics
7. Has a good manual
8. Has great user support and forums

I will buy UOC II - but OOB is a great game at a great value

OOB is indeed a good game for what it is, with some nice less common theatres in the DLC, but *completely different* mechanics, and far less of a challenge.

Thanks for the Erik's Campaigns tip!

matthew2582
First Lieutenant

Unread postby matthew2582 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:01 am

And I have now bought UOC 2 and about 100 hours in - very rich, very deep game - certainly more sophisticated than OOB or Panzer Corps - on the other hand - it is nice to pick your own air force in OOB, your own Tigers etc. Nothing like having 10 Stukas to take care of your campaigns :-)

Stahlgewitter
Colonel

Unread postby Stahlgewitter » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:39 pm

matthew2582 wrote:And I have now bought UOC 2 and about 100 hours in - very rich, very deep game - certainly more sophisticated than OOB or Panzer Corps - on the other hand - it is nice to pick your own air force in OOB, your own Tigers etc. Nothing like having 10 Stukas to take care of your campaigns :-)

The fluidity of UoC is what I love... the Panzer General rehashes had got mighty stale. Finding and attritionally destroying nests of enemy units segregated by equipment type just wasn't fun any more. Lodz felt much like Sedan felt like Kursk felt like Guadalcanal.

To say nothing of the air war or supply system.

matthew2582
First Lieutenant

Unread postby matthew2582 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:50 pm

Stahlgewitter wrote:
matthew2582 wrote:And I have now bought UOC 2 and about 100 hours in - very rich, very deep game - certainly more sophisticated than OOB or Panzer Corps - on the other hand - it is nice to pick your own air force in OOB, your own Tigers etc. Nothing like having 10 Stukas to take care of your campaigns :-)

The fluidity of UoC is what I love... the Panzer General rehashes had got mighty stale. Finding and attritionally destroying nests of enemy units segregated by equipment type just wasn't fun any more. Lodz felt much like Sedan felt like Kursk felt like Guadalcanal.

To say nothing of the air war or supply system.

Yep good points