Sickle Stroke Glitch (?)

Ask, comment, read.
Ritalingamer
Colonel

Sickle Stroke Glitch (?)

Unread postby Ritalingamer » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:46 pm

I'm not sure if this is a bug or just a quirk of the map design, but this bridge at the bottom, east of Reims - it looks like it should be a continuous part of the German rail line, but the bottom of the map clips it off. I made the mistake of sending my forces south to take it, only to discover that it won't actually continue my supply line.
I'm not sure if it's a bug or just needs to be better communicated.
Thanks, loving the campaign so far.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Re: Sickle Stroke Glitch (?)

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:35 pm

Yeah the rail is cut because it's going through the "half hex" at the bottom, which is not playable (you can't put a unit in it too).

Not ideal design, it's been throwing people off, but it's not a bug wrt/ game rules. I think Daniel is planning to do something to it visually, so it's more apparent that the rail cannot connect through there.

Cheers!

Articwulf
Captain

Unread postby Articwulf » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:55 pm

Tomislav Uzelac wrote:Yeah the rail is cut because it's going through the "half hex" at the bottom, which is not playable (you can't put a unit in it too).

Not ideal design, it's been throwing people off, but it's not a bug wrt/ game rules. I think Daniel is planning to do something to it visually, so it's more apparent that the rail cannot connect through there.

Cheers!

I would think you would rather fix it by making the hex capturable and the rail go thru some how. That or just remove the rail feature.... don't tease us.

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:15 am

Well, the scenario designer's idea is that you can't use the rail, so that's what we want to achieve.

However, we can't just edit the map because the same map is used in all scenarios: allied ones in the base game, and other axis scenarios in the DLC.

I think the solution will be to just move the rail around in the same hex, so that it dips below the "unplayable" boundary. This does not break it for any of the other scenario, and will be visible enough that Sickle Stroke players are not confused any more.

funky_trader
Major

Unread postby funky_trader » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:26 pm

Tomislav Uzelac wrote:Well, the scenario designer's idea is that you can't use the rail, so that's what we want to achieve.

However, we can't just edit the map because the same map is used in all scenarios: allied ones in the base game, and other axis scenarios in the DLC.

I think the solution will be to just move the rail around in the same hex, so that it dips below the "unplayable" boundary. This does not break it for any of the other scenario, and will be visible enough that Sickle Stroke players are not confused any more.

Perhaps an easier solution would simply be to ensure that the tile just above is inaccessible as well? So turn it gray/black. It would have no impact on potential unit movement/strategy while making it extremely clear that you can't make the railway on the other side in supply

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:57 am

Hi, the fix for this is now live in the testing branch. Should be pretty obvious that the rail is cut :)

Cheers!

Screenshot 2021-02-16 at 08.54.57.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.