Blitzkrieg DLC Scenario (Potential) Errors

Ask, comment, read.
JBerg2021
Captain

Blitzkrieg DLC Scenario (Potential) Errors

Unread postby JBerg2021 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:44 pm

I posted most of these elsewhere, but figured I'd highlight in a separate thread specific issues I think are errors in the Campaign - though some of these are simply quality of life. Might be a good place to post other issues people may find.

1. I think there may be an error/bug in the unit carryover from the Dunkirk to the Fall Rot scenarios - I remember clearly having an elite 7th Pz Division with Recon and Pionere steps at the end of Dunkirk, but when Fall Rot started 7th Pz was only veteran with no support battalions. I'm pretty sure this happened to other units in that scenario as well - please check on this.

2. In the Midlands Blitz Scenario, the 15th Infantry Division (GE) is assigned to PzGruppe Kleist instead of Heeresgruppe A. Just want to make sure that was on purpose.

3. In Polish Plain, I have 5 turns to capture Lublin on Normal difficulty, but it looks like 8 turns to do so in Classic mode. This feels like an error.

And some general notes on some of the internal logic in the campaign unit rosters.

1. In Flanders Cauldron, why not assign all the German units on the Eastern Belgian border to HG C? HG A is way overstretched in land area while HG C is very underburdened. It seems like the Commanders on the ground would have transferred control of at least some divisions and corps to the other Army Group.

2. In the alternate history path, I noticed that the 8th Pz and 10th Pz are slated for both the Scandinavian campaigns and the British Isles. On the one hand, I can understand why that would be, but on the other it seems that with all the available panzer divisions, the Scandinavian campaign would have its own separate panzer divisions assigned (while 8th and 10th prepare and train for Seelowe). The accompanying motorized division changes out (the 13th in Scandinavia and the 29th in Britain), so I'm wondering if it doesn't make more sense to assign two of the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, or 6th to the Scandinavian Campaign.

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Re: Blitzkrieg DLC Scenario (Potential) Errors

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:14 pm

Re: carry over of 7th Panzer. I just checked the scenarios and there is no obvious error. Potentially you could have two units named e.g. "7. PzD" and "7th Panzer" and that could cause some confusion, but I am seeing none of that.

Re: Lublin in Polish Plain. I just checked and it's 4 turns on classic, 5 on normal, and 6 on easy.

If you still have your campaign savegame, or if you see these issues pop up again, please attach your "blitzkrieg.usg" savegame file and we'll take a look.

Cheers!

sourdust
Brigadier General

Unread postby sourdust » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:02 pm

JBerg2021 wrote:...

1. In Flanders Cauldron, why not assign all the German units on the Eastern Belgian border to HG C? HG A is way overstretched in land area while HG C is very underburdened. It seems like the Commanders on the ground would have transferred control of at least some divisions and corps to the other Army Group.

Thanks for the feedback! On this point, it is certainly possible that some corps would be reassigned temporarily. On the other hand, the scenario starts in the middle of a fast-moving, continuous campaign that only lasts a few weeks. I felt that having HG A have an overstretched frontage was quite plausible, and adds some difficult choices about where and what the player wants that HQ to do. There were certainly instances in the war of similar situations - so yes the division of units is not ideal, by design!

Cheers
C

JBerg2021
Captain

Unread postby JBerg2021 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:58 pm

Thank you for the responses. I realized that the Lublin information seemed to be coming from a pre-release version of the game I saw in a youtube walkthrough, and I no longer have the savegame for the 7th Panzer issue (I must have saved over it).

As for the HG A and C item, I appreciate wanting to add a little difficulty to the game. I guess I'll just have to put Witzleben's First Army to harder work taking the rest of Belgium - I'm glad he gets something to do in this alternate path.