Thoughts on polish unit stats

Ask, comment, read.
Ryan
Colonel

Thoughts on polish unit stats

Unread postby Ryan » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:39 pm

I wonder why polish infantry gets a 3-3 stats while all other infantry gets 2-3. This makes them the best infantry unit(same as the paras) for offensive. Is it because polish units are more brave, better equipped, or have more manpower in a division?

the_flyingdutchman
Captain

Re: Thoughts on polish unit stats

Unread postby the_flyingdutchman » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:45 am

Considering their bravery in combat(like Monte Cassino, Market Garden, Bologna), I think they deserve to have best stats in entire Allied Army.

Danielefc
2x2 Games

Unread postby Danielefc » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:24 pm

They get an extra point for having a bear! :D

Kidding aside, the "expat" Polish divisions generally performed above and beyond compared to most other Allied divisions at the time. As such I decided to give them this little (mostly symbolic) advantage.

Cheers

genBrooks
Brigadier General

Unread postby genBrooks » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:58 am

Danielefc wrote:They get an extra point for having a bear! :D

Kidding aside, the "expat" Polish divisions generally performed above and beyond compared to most other Allied divisions at the time. As such I decided to give them this little (mostly symbolic) advantage.

Cheers

Do You mean Wojtek bear ? :lol:
He carried missiles to the positions of Polish artillery during the Battle of Monte Cassino, so he had only an indirect impact on the effectiveness of the infantry ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wojtek_(bear)

The courage of these people was influenced by their fate. They (Polish soldiers in Italy) were miraculously rescued from Soviet labor camps in Siberia and taken from the USSR to the Middle East, where they guarded the Iranian oil fields for a long time.
They were mostly experienced professional soldiers and officers who fought the Germans and the Soviets in 1939 and who had fallen into Soviet captivity.
When they finally found themselves at the front in Polish formations, they showed what they can do. It was also caused by Soviet propaganda, which said that Poles didn't want to fight the Germans, so the command of the Polish II Corps attached great importance to the implementation of the entrusted tasks on battlefields.
The last thing, we Poles, are made for military service, have shown for centuries that the only thing we can do is fight well... :lol: