Graphic glitch on units

Ask, comment, read.
Ryan
Colonel

Graphic glitch on units

Unread postby Ryan » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:14 am

I noticed that many of the unit are floating in certain terrain (mountain, hills). I am not sure if it happens only on my device. After moving that unit and redo, the unit will return to his original position while the floating effect is gone.
See example in the picture: the Gebirgsjager on the right is floating, while the one on the left is normal.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Re: Graphic glitch on units

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:12 pm

Hi,

I'm looking at this but can't see from this angle if there is even a problem with the gebirgsjager on the left.

I tried to but couldn't find any issue with the unit elevation for that particular unit. Perhaps the terrain itself is misleading: here is how it looks from the side when extremely zoomed in:
uoc2_screenshot_0003.png

You can see that the soldier in the front is clearly elevated, since his shoe is in the mountain. The other two are actually floating mid-air.

If this issue persists, please zoom in (CTRL-mouse wheel) and rotate the view (CTRL-mouse drag, or Q/E hotkeys) so I can see what's going on.

Cheers!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ryan
Colonel

Unread postby Ryan » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:00 am

Rotating the map does not help.
You can clearly see the LWF unit is seperated from its step icons. After moving the unit and undo, it goes back to normal.

Ryan
Colonel

Unread postby Ryan » Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:24 pm

Hi devs, if you look at the bottom right corner, the glitch also exist on your device :D. The French/Soviet models are floating. (soldier model separated from their step icons)

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:36 am

I see now. This is probably what's happening: on large maps, the "height map" does not get loaded correctly for (some) locations that are off-screen during the loading process.

Thanks for reporting. I will take a look at possible fixes when I come around to rendering issues.

Cheers! :)