Transylvania Offensive

Post your scenarios here.
hawkerace
Captain

Transylvania Offensive

Unread postby hawkerace » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:29 pm

Hello,

This is an ahistorical scenario based on a very possible war between Hungary and Romania in 1940. Arbitration failed, and the Hungarians decide to go on the offensive. Exterior pressure from Axis powers force the Hungarians only to focus their campaign mainly in the Transylvania area. Can you brush aside the larger Romanian forces to achieve a victory against this historical adversary?

==The Story==

Horthy and his generals have developed a plan to attack deep into Romania. While the strategic plan is generic, a wide push across through dangerous terrain, it is up to the initiative of tactical commanders (you) to achieve the objectives. For better mobility, the Hungarian troops are assembled in reinforced brigades stretching across the border. The intent is to slip past the daunting Carol II line and border troops, and clear the path for the Fast Corps and strong cavalry brigades.

In the south, the Germans and Italians warn that the Hungarians will see consequences if they approach past Timișoara and the supply lines that feed the Germans.

==The Plan==

Press through the border defences and keep your units in strength. Screen for your experienced and mobile units and dig deep into Romanian territory.

Romanian reinforcements will trickle in as strong corps and individual steps. They may reinforce the Carol II line which can stop the invasion - it is important to circumvent it as best as possible as to not be bogged down by this possibility!

Expect potential counter-attacks once deep into Transylvania. Don't get too ahead of your important units and watch them be cut-off or otherwise eliminated.

Hungarian reinforcements will trickle as well as build up for the Fast Corps will take time as the government acquires civilian transportation and proper equipment.

Three additional brigades from western Hungary will arrive later in the campaign to reinforce your attack into Transylvania.

Logistic steps are set to 3 for Hungary, as their army is much more unwieldy than say the Germans at the time. However, the elite mobile units are the tip of your spear, don't let it become dull!

One air attack is available, so use it if necessary.

Red Tide had to be used for balance reasons, so use your imagination a little bit if possible. The Fast Corps is an armored division when I would of rather of liked to use the older motorized units of Black Tide.

If there's any issues or changes necessary please let me know ASAP so I can fix it!

Have fun, and any comments, suggestions, questions please let me know.

Remember that the older versions of this scenario will be in the forum once updates are put through.

Thanks,

Hawkerace
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

hawkerace
Captain

Re: Transylvania Offensive

Unread postby hawkerace » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:08 am

Update 1.1

Added Romanian reinforcements to deploy in positions north and south of Cluj and the Transylvania interior. Romanian forces -SHOULD- be more aggressive once you push into the center.

Romanian air force will strike once, just as the Hungarians can strike once. Be careful!

Strengthen the southern flank so that Hungarians will take casualties trying to block the city, but as long as you reinforce and dig in, you should be okay.

Increased the amount of turns you have to take the Carpathian Mountains objective and turns over all to make it easier.

Experiment and have fun!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Striker753
Second Lieutenant

Re: Transylvania Offensive

Unread postby Striker753 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:44 pm

Now that's an awesome scenario I'll have fun trying out; I've always loved playing small European countries like Hungary, Belgium or Slovakia (not as much as playing the Soviets though) and the interbellum period, and this combines both.