Unternehmen Cäsar

Post your scenarios here.
hawkerace
Captain

Unternehmen Cäsar

Unread postby hawkerace » Fri May 18, 2018 2:35 am

Hello,

This is an ahistorical scenario based on the drafted plan of Unternehmen Cäsar, a follow-up counter attack that was planned but cancelled due to the Riga offensive operation. The start date is the start of Operation Doppelkopf which was a success counter-attack to reconnect Army Group Centre with Army Group North.

For Cäsar, Hitler imagined a swift blitzkrieg that had infantry divisions following through from AGN into the over extended Soviet divisions. Can you prove him right?

==The Story==

For Cäsar, Hitler imagined a swift blitzkrieg that had infantry divisions following through from AGN into the over extended Soviet divisions. Can you prove him right? If you can manage to smash the Soviet offensive into submission, further ambitious objectives are given to "straighten" the line against the Neris river and the banks of Daugavpils

This force was to attack to the north-east from its concentration area in western Lithuania and restore land communications between Generaloberst Georg-Hans Reinhardt’s HG Mitte and Schörner’s HG Nord in the Kurland peninsula. After this the 3rd Panzerarmee would take under its command the infantry divisions of Heeresgruppe ‘Nord’ and attack to the south-east in the direction of Kaunas in a potent raid across the rear of General Hovhannes Kh. Bagramyan’s 1st Baltic Front and General Ivan D. Chernyakhovsky’s 3rd Belorussian Front.

==The Plan==

Follow the historical objectives first for Doppelkopf and smash into the far extended flank of the Baltic front using hastily created heer and SS Kampfgruppes and battered Panzer divisions. Tank reinforcements are going to be little, while the Soviets can rely on heavy tank corp reinforcements from throughout the line. This is not for conservative players. Cannibalize units if necessary and switch brigades if possible.

Once the Doppelkopf objectives are completed, specialized brigades are freed up to augment existing infantry divisions to go on the offensive (or your weakened Panzer divisions).

Proceed on a wide front to capture the Cäsar objectives and eliminate the Soviets cut off.

Soviet reinforcements are massive towards the later turns, so keeping an excited tempo is a must!

Reinforcements will be a mix trickle of units, and there are prestige for those with a weak stomach. the SS. PzGr. Division Nordland will be the most effective reinforcement but comes too late for the BV objectives. (As it is tied down in Estonia at this time). I did manage to get a BV a few times when practicing, but if theres any issues or changes necessary please let me know ASAP so I can fix it!

Have fun, and any comments, suggestions, questions please let me know. Fingers crossed, but I have other scenarios in the works.

Remember that the older versions of this scenario will be in the forum once updates are put through.

Thanks,

Hawkerace
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

hawkerace
Captain

Re: Unternehmen Cäsar

Unread postby hawkerace » Mon May 21, 2018 10:40 pm

--Update 1.1--

Added more front reserves to defend some new supply lines.

Changed the values of some supply hexes.

Changed reinforcements of Soviets in volume and which turns.

Removed the experience tag on the 14th Panzer Division, making them greener. For balance reasons - might revert back if unreasonable.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.