Operation Solstice + Konigsberg 'Expansion' [Feb. 1945]

Post your scenarios here.
hawkerace
Captain

Operation Solstice + Konigsberg 'Expansion' [Feb. 1945]

Unread postby hawkerace » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:52 am

Hello,

I've been a huge fan of the community scenarios and the expansion of the war, especially involving 1945. T_Minus, a user and uploader of the Operation Solstice scenario http://unityofcommand.net/cs/view.php?sid=139 was very gifted in making a very fun and relatively plausible scenario. I wanted to expand on that fun foundation and give a bigger more amibitious approach on the Solstice operation. Although I have next to zero experience with creating user scenarios I wanted to participate nevertheless. Please give it a try and I would love to hear input and comments, as well as possibilities of making it more accurate and ambitious as to what the soviets could do in the latter rounds (I want to bring up the Ukranian fronts as reinforcements but I am having troubles w/ proper reinforcement deployments and not really familiar with balance. Also, one important mechanic is feasibility.

What is new is, further expansion to include:

Further additions of German units on the Oder (nothing really exciting, just the 4th 'Panzer' Army) - used the Dec. 1944 OOB.
Changed veterancy of Holstein - perhaps will remove.
Added units of the Heiligenbeil pocket, although they are initially in rough shape - if you can save them and let them recharge, they can become the striking force for Konigsberg.
Added Samland and Konigsberg - 3rd Panzer Army: A very powerful striking force and later the 5th Panzer Div. - No supply for Konigsberg, necessitating the corridor to Pillau to remain open.
Added troops to the Posen Garrison to make the Soviets lose troops in the siege.
Added PzD. Clauswitz for reinforcements for later push, more German reinforcements to arrive if balance is off. Same with Soviets.
Added 1 air attack (to represent the Luftwaffe's final 'hurrah') - may be key in taking less losses against Tank corps.
Added 1 air supply (to represent supply for either Konigsberg or 24th PzD, the choice is yours).
All in all I mean no harm in expanding on T_Minus' scenario and if requested I will take it down/or just take it down for me. I've given him credit in the notes.

Thanks and have fun and let me know what can be changed, it was a fun experience. Inspired by Battleground Prussia by Prit Buttar & T_Minus 1945 scenarios.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Pannoniae
Major

Re: Operation Solstice + Konigsberg 'Expansion' [Feb. 1945]

Unread postby Pannoniae » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:09 am

Looks nice, keep up the good work! The sad thing is that as you can see, basically I am the only one that watches forums. The new game is a waporware, no dev diaries are present... it's dead. I've emailed devs because I have friends who can code and take over the project, but no answer. The only lifesign is the twitter/facebook, but that's managed by an unnamed moderator, and posting historical facts and community scenarios, nothing else ;(

hawkerace
Captain

Unread postby hawkerace » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:33 pm

Hey thanks. I'll definitely be adding more to it, as well as hopefully delivering another scenario. Have a great day.

Billy Bob Joe
Captain

Unread postby Billy Bob Joe » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:23 pm

Sounds cool! but you are right- this game is
dead :(

hawkerace
Captain

Unread postby hawkerace » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:12 pm

Already updated to 1.1

1.1 Update:

Added German + Soviet reinforcements. Be wary of Turn 12 and 13!

German reinforcements on the tenth turn:
With prestige you can pick and choose which reinforcements OKH will grant you. I put in 6. Armee divisions that were destined for Operation Spring Awakening, with the implication that if the operation is running succesful, Hitler would've conceded more resources to pushing deeper into Poland. However you will have to pick and choose what divisions you get. I also threw in the 10. FsJgr-Div because it was a late war division that may have be deployed on the eastern front instead of Austria. Theres a few combinations of units you can pick.

Totenkopf [Elite Status, 5 steps Tiger II] 500p
Wiking [Elite 5 steps Nashorn] 500p
8 pzd - [Normal 4 steps Skdfz 251] 250p
10. Fallschirmjager [Green 5 steps (4/5 exp)] 100p
14. PzD [Veteran 3 steps] 150p
LSSAH [Elite 5 steps] 300p

Soviet tank divisions trickle in as early as round nine but on the 12th round large and experienced tank corps from Ukrainian fronts come in as well as the 69 army, 3rd Guards Army and 52 Army. A dozen soviet infantry corps as well as 13 tank corps. Capturing Lodz before round 12 will allow you to fortify the town and brush off any soviet counter attacks.

I've managed to beaten the scenario twice. Perhaps too easy if you know how to really bend the mechanics. But it's still very fun and can turn easily against you if you're not paying attention.

See community scenarios (when approved) for update. Thanks guys (even if the forums is dead I am sure there are lurkers and passerbys who may be interested in some additional fun).

Pannoniae
Major

Unread postby Pannoniae » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:36 pm

Would you like to do a campaign with me?

hawkerace
Captain

Unread postby hawkerace » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:50 pm

I don't think I have the patience nor the skills to tackle such a concept! Thanks for the offer though. :-)

Pannoniae
Major

Unread postby Pannoniae » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:56 pm

Okay, I will start it! ;) just have to lookup OOB-s.

Billy Bob Joe
Captain

Unread postby Billy Bob Joe » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:00 pm

It is . I watch the forum every day, but almost nothing is posted. a new campaign sounds cool though. I'm actually making a scenario based on the German "attempts" to relive the siege of berlin and the 9th army.

Billy Bob Joe
Captain

Unread postby Billy Bob Joe » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:09 pm

ps: You make great Scenarios Pannoniae