Operation Solstice + Konigsberg 'Expansion' [Feb. 1945]

Post your scenarios here.
Billy Bob Joe
Captain

Re: Operation Solstice + Konigsberg 'Expansion' [Feb. 1945]

Unread postby Billy Bob Joe » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:12 pm

He responded on this scenario in the community scenarios page, so he isn't away.

Pannoniae
Major

Unread postby Pannoniae » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:16 pm

Then what's happening? Getting us a big suprise? Or what? Don't have enough time for saying a no/yes to our ideas? It's damn worrying... if the price of responding would that I'll never play this game... even still would do it. ;)

Billy Bob Joe
Captain

Unread postby Billy Bob Joe » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:20 pm

Maybe he hasn't decided yet?

Pannoniae
Major

Unread postby Pannoniae » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:23 pm

Please (if you wouldn't answer my 3 questions though, no problem) MAKE A LIFESIGN!! ;)

Billy Bob Joe
Captain

Unread postby Billy Bob Joe » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:27 pm

I've got to go for now, be back tomorrow, so I'm not dead :)

Pannoniae
Major

Unread postby Pannoniae » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:31 pm

Okay, bye! I'm getting killed basically by sleepiness, but everything for my favorite game ;)

hawkerace
Captain

Unread postby hawkerace » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:07 am

Final update for a while:

Added another unit for prestige, Kampfgruppe 1001 Nachts and a Tiger step (each 50p)- little SS Division for flavour and support (I feel that Solstice is an overall SS sprearheaded attack thus more allocation of SS divisions. At least, that's how Hitler in this scenario would treat it.

Added more AI hints to make Soviets more active and interesting. It is beatable, albeit really really hard - especially if you dont protect your armored forces from bombers!

Moved the pocket Supply, making the train supply easy for Konigsberg, and makes it more neccesary to link Konigsburg and Pillau.

Moved the turns of capturing Lodz and Warsaw a bit further back, and moved up Elbing a couple turns.

Put hexes to some of the soviet forces - if you're insanely lucky/skillful to smash Lodz and take the hexes south of it early - you'll reduce the Soviet reinforcements!

Onto the next scenario - I'd like to expand into the Balkans and perhaps the Budapest siege!

Pannoniae
Major

Unread postby Pannoniae » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:38 am

Great! Just one question: where did you get OOB-s (division placements)? Lage Ost, wikipedia or something else?

hawkerace
Captain

Unread postby hawkerace » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:14 am

Pannoniae wrote:Great! Just one question: where did you get OOB-s (division placements)? Lage Ost, wikipedia or something else?

Most of it was guessing, or assumptions. For the German army, OOB are plentiful in English, thanks to axis history and feldgrau. For the soviets I usually had to look at online maps and read up on fronts and their actual armies. There's quite a lot of units, and for balance reasons I sorta just picked and chose what I felt was appropriate as well as what was easiest to figure out. I took what units were at the January' offensive, and picked whatever further south (which to me)would be the first units to respond to such a thrust into Poland. (The Ukrainian fronts). I may add units from the courland encirclement as well, but I wanted to keep things simple.

I also own a copy of "Atlas of the Eastern front 1939-1945" by Robert Kirchubel, which is a road map of the conflict. I didn't use it for this, !74 I imagine if I come back to the scenario to cross my T's and dot my i's, I will look at it.

I know this isn't very helpful but I kinda just googled and sifted through a few options and made my own assumptions on what would make sense.

Have a good day.

Pannoniae
Major

Unread postby Pannoniae » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:16 am

Thanks! I'll add Courland, too :D