Real Life Maps

Post your scenarios here.
Ritalingamer
Colonel

Real Life Maps

Unread postby Ritalingamer » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:39 pm

We'd like to put out an open call to our scenario designers - post the maps and diagrams you used to lay out your scenarios and we'll share them to social media.

What we'd like to do is take the historical maps you used to create your scenarios and juxtapose them with how the forces appear in game. I think this will be a fun recurring series on Facebook and Twitter.

So, bring on your maps, your diagrams, your topos!

Danielefc
2x2 Games

Re: Real Life Maps

Unread postby Danielefc » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:21 pm

A tricky one for me was Operation München - The Romanian attack into Bessarabia. Luckily I somehow found an operational map made after the conclusion of operations. At first glance it looks veeeeeeery messy. Particularly compared to Lage Ost maps - which are normally my preferred maps to use when it comes to axis deployments (and also some frontline(!) Soviet ones).

Anyway the map below shows the aforementioned operation:

Of particular interest to me as the scenario designer is that dates of advances/pockets are even included on this map. Had I used Lage Ost maps i would have been forced to shift through 10+ maps to get a good overview. This one - once understood - saved me alot of time :).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.