Scenario requests wanted

Post your scenarios here.
Jaywol
Captain

Scenario requests wanted

Unread postby Jaywol » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:44 pm

Hi all. I have just completed my first scenario, see Lublin - Kiev in this forum. If anyone has some scenario suggestions they would like to see created please PM me.

Kampfgruppe
Captain

Re: Scenario requests wanted

Unread postby Kampfgruppe » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:01 pm

What if scenario, where the commander can purchase their entire force via the Stavka and OKH Reserve unit and upgrade listings, if that is possible. This would add a new capability to the game if it was built into UofC,where you have a scenario but you pick your units, based on points.

Jaywol
Captain

Unread postby Jaywol » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:42 pm

You might be testing my limited scenario making skills too far :( was looking for real world scenarios that people wanted making... its a bit difficult with this, as your looking Army Group level operations and many scenarios have already been covered ?

sourdust
Brigadier General

Unread postby sourdust » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:04 am

Hi there... most of the Eastern Front has of course been done by now, but here's a few ideas:

1) Slovak Uprising, and the associated effort by the Russian to break through Dukla Pass to come to the Slovak's assistance. (Sep/Oct 1944). As it turned out, the Soviets were held up at Dukla pass for many weeks by tenacious German defenders of Heinrici's First Panzer Army. The Slovak uprising got off to a bad start when two divisions were immediately disarmed by Germans around Presov before they could rebel. This left around 40,000 Slovak rebels in the centre of Slovakia, which held out for 2 months against a ad hoc collection of German troops, ultimately totalling about 6 divisions. If the Russians had succeeded at Dukla Pass more quickly, they might have joined up with the uprising and pushed forward to Bratislava and on into northern Hungary and toward Prague several months ahead of time.

(I tried to do this scenario myself, but couldn't get the AI to actually attack the Slovak rebels. Might be doable only as a PvP scenario, unless you can make the AI work better than I can!)

2) A small scenario covering one or more of the attacks on the Kuban bridgehead in 1943? Not much maneuver there, more of a slugfest. But could be fun. I wonder whether a scenario covering the German withdrawal from the Caucasus to the Kuban, with the Soviets in hot pursuit, would work.

3) There is perhaps an interesting scenario covering the immediate aftermath of the Romanian surrender? If I recall correctly, there was a rush by the Germans to seize the mountain passes in the Carpathians before the Soviets got there. There was a short period of a relatively fluid "meeting engagement" around these passes, I think.

4) I'm not sure anybody has done the 1943 Russian offensive against Army Group Centre for this game yet, covering the recapture of Smolensk and setting up for Bagration the following year. Or perhaps a more general scenario covering the post-Kursk Russian counteroffensive...

5) WWI, Russian Revolution, or Polish-Soviet War !!

Jaywol
Captain

Unread postby Jaywol » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:03 pm

I am currently working on scenario's based around the book 'Panzerschlact' covering operations in Hungary September - November 1944. First scenario id the fighting around Torda.

I like your 4th suggestion. I will look into researching this at some point.

zeeshan00

Unread postby zeeshan00 » Tue May 19, 2015 11:04 am

here is perhaps an interesting scenario covering the immediate aftermath of the Romanian surrender? If I recall correctly, there was a rush by the Germans to seize the mountain passes in the Carpathians before the Soviets got there. There was a short period of a relatively fluid "meeting engagement" around these passes, I think.