Eastern Front 1943

Post your scenarios here.
Sandmandan
First Lieutenant

Eastern Front 1943

Unread postby Sandmandan » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:22 pm

Hey Guys

Just to show a few pictures of my work in progress for full scale eastern front scenario spanning 40 turns (yet to be confirmed)

So far I have added the Leningrad front, axis countries behind the lines and am now working on the central front covering north, central and the southern Kursk front.

Comments or recommendations gratefully received!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Re: Eastern Front 1943

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:46 am

You might want to consider starting with Bruno's "Red Turn units, Black Turn map" scenario, as described here:

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=2302

This will give you the better map from Black Turn (there are big differences in Leningrad/Ladoga area), while still using Red Turn units appropriate for the period.

The downside, of course, is that anyone who wants to play needs to have both Red Turn and Black Turn.

Cheers!

JeffinMNUSA
Captain

Unread postby JeffinMNUSA » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:10 pm

I can't wait to try this monster out!
JeffinMNUSA
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sandmandan
First Lieutenant

Unread postby Sandmandan » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:22 pm

Well you're right, it will be a bit of a monster! Think altogether there will be 300+ units taking part in the scenario.

Ok so after Black Turn's release I've decided to basically use the existing scenario as a test map with the full scenario to be used on the map utilized in Black Turn. This is so that Leningrad and the Finnish area can be full incorporated into the action.

Also as Tomislav has mentioned above, this will allow me to use Red Turn units on a Black Turn map.

A fair weight of research has taken place with the map so far with units placed in their respective area of operations. The Soviet armies are the hardest to action as details of their exact locations can be hard to find and my use of divisions rather than Corps is a limiting factor of how many units I can fit on the front line.

As a reference, I'd like some ideas on what scale to use to represent different troop levels. Here's my initial thoughts but as yet I haven't been able to test this.

Wehrmacht

Division 5
Regiment 4
Brigade 5
Battalion 3

Red Army

Division 6
Regiment 5
Brigade 5
Battalion 4