For the past week or so, we've been working on a Community Scenarios manager, a tool to help us create a Community Scenarios section on the UoC website.
The main motivation was to make the user created scenarios list available publicly, so that anyone willing to try some user scenarios can easily browse and download them, without needing to register in the forums.
You can find the manager here, for now: https://unityofcommand.net/cs/
It's a simple thing, really:
- you upload your scenario file with an optional screenshot and description
- we approve your scenario - a process which should be quick and painless (but necessary)
- your scenario is listed with the rest of the approved community scenarios
Some key information:
- your login username and password are the same as the ones for the forum (if you're logged in here, you're logged in the manager as well)
- all approved scenarios are publicly accessible and one does not need to be logged in to download the files
- after you upload a scenario, you cannot edit its data any more
- you can delete (both permanently and temporary) your scenarios at any time
- if you want to upload a new version of a scenario, you can delete the old version and upload a new one
- you are free to not use the manager and continue posting your scenarios here in the forum
- download counter
- browse by game type
- sort by title, date, user
With all this said, I really hope that at least some of you will find it useful
Please post your suggestions, bug reports, and general comments here.