Community Scenarios Manager

Post your scenarios here.
aesqe
Marching band

Re: Community Scenarios Manager

Unread postby aesqe » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:19 pm

I've added the start date to the manager: it's displayed under each scenario and you can use it to sort the scenario list. It's automatically extracted from the uploaded scenario file.

I've also created a help page (https://unityofcommand.net/cs/help.php) with the instructions from the FAQ. Is the information there clear enough? Should I add anything else?

Harry_vdk suggested a rating system, if I understood correctly. I'm not sure if a rating system for user generated scenarios is a good idea, but I'd like to hear what you think.

I definitely wouldn't go with a star rating system. Maybe just a like/thumbs up button?

What do you think? :)

Danielefc
2x2 Games

Unread postby Danielefc » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:31 pm

aesqe wrote:I've added the start date to the manager: it's displayed under each scenario and you can use it to sort the scenario list. It's automatically extracted from the uploaded scenario file.

I've also created a help page (https://unityofcommand.net/cs/help.php) with the instructions from the FAQ. Is the information there clear enough? Should I add anything else?

Harry_vdk suggested a rating system, if I understood correctly. I'm not sure if a rating system for user generated scenarios is a good idea, but I'd like to hear what you think.

I definitely wouldn't go with a star rating system. Maybe just a like/thumbs up button?

What do you think? :)

I like the new changes - good job :)

Rating system would be good. But only done in the right way - could quickly turn into a "turn off" if someone gets a scenario smashed down to half a star. So yea - as you say - maybe a "like" button or something like that. Comments/feedback section to each scenario would be cool.

aesqe
Marching band

Unread postby aesqe » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:57 pm

So, I've implemented a "Recommendations" system, which works just as something like "thumbs up" or "vote up" would. You can also sort scenarios by the number of recommendations they have.

Comments are also live as of an hour ago. The usual rules apply: you need to be logged in to post a comment, spam won't be tolerated, you'r comment content will be stripped of most html tags, etc.

Please comment and recommend away! :)

And, as always, please report if you encounter any bugs or general weirdness.

Harry_vdk
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postby Harry_vdk » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:27 pm

aesqe wrote:And, as always, please report if you encounter any bugs or general weirdness.

There is one general weirdness, sorting on a other field as "date added" works only on the first page, selecting page 2 reset the current sort.

aesqe
Marching band

Unread postby aesqe » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:36 am

Good catch, Harry_vdk, I forgot to pass the url variables to the pagination function.

Will fix ASAP.

aesqe
Marching band

Unread postby aesqe » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:38 am

Fixed, thanks again, Harry_vdk :)

Danielefc
2x2 Games

Unread postby Danielefc » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:27 am

If i go to the community scenarios there are currently 5 pages of scenarios. Then if I press "manage my scenarios" (or just any of the designers names) then there is still 5 pages to choose from. However choosing anything above 1 (or 2 in my case :D) will just result in a "no scenarios found" message.

This is ofcourse nothing big - but you asked for general weirdness as well ;)

juoc
Major

Unread postby juoc » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:44 pm

"Recommend" doesn't register for me (Chrome).

aesqe
Marching band

Unread postby aesqe » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:31 pm

Thanks Danielefc, I fixed it :)

@juoc: you need to be logged in to see the "recommend" button

aesqe
Marching band

Unread postby aesqe » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:32 pm

uh, ok now I understood what juoc meant by "register" - I'll take a look!