Quick Question about Custom: Any Help Appreciated!

Post your scenarios here.
Azurean88
Second Lieutenant

Quick Question about Custom: Any Help Appreciated!

Unread postby Azurean88 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:35 am

Hey guys! Working on a great "Battle of Berlin" scenario, how do I make the Russians all out assault?? The seem to just dig in when I end the turn, I want them to rush as they did historically.. I'm also planning a "Don River" scenario of the great Italian army rout, the "all out assault" command will work well there as well.. How do I make it happen?

Heinlager
First Lieutenant

Re: Quick Question about Custom: Any Help Appreciated!

Unread postby Heinlager » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:59 am

I have been experimenting with this as well for an extended Stalingrad map. The thing to remember is that the AI is not designed for offence, this was to concentrate on making the defensive AI as strong as it is and was a good decision because most the battles on the eastern front are only interesting for the offensive side. With that in mind use the defend by attacking hint to can give the AI suggestions on where it should try to push towards, but it wont try for a breakthrough rather a slow methodical push maintaining it's front line. If you use the Enemy supply source hint it might try to punch through. Because they will lose so much you have to give the AI overwhelming strength and/or under strength your units.

Azurean88
Second Lieutenant

Re: Quick Question about Custom: Any Help Appreciated!

Unread postby Azurean88 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:39 am

Thanks for the reply! let me try this & see the results