[RT]Barbarossa 06.07. - 23.07.41

Post your scenarios here.
Nebulas
Captain

[RT]Barbarossa 06.07. - 23.07.41

Unread postby Nebulas » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:28 pm

Hi @ all,
attached my newest scenario "Unternehmen Barbarossa" continuing on 06.07. untill 23.07.41.
It based on the original frontline of "Heeresgruppe" north + middle.

Playtime about 30 min.
AI movement in the first turn about 2 min.

Cheers,
Neb

---edit---
The bug Brilliant Victory on turn 5 was corrected.
Also corrected the Zrinyi II + Jagdpanzer IV units.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Nebulas on Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

dmcheng
First Lieutenant

Re: [RT]Barbarossa 06.07. - 23.07.41

Unread postby dmcheng » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:12 am

I think something is wrong with the victory conditions. I captured the last objective on Turn 5, but I still got a Brilliant Victory. The briefing said I needed to take everything by Turn 4 to get a Decisive Victory.

Nebulas
Captain

Unread postby Nebulas » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:24 pm

I cant find the bug. But its playable and i enjoy playing this scenario ;)

Arctic-Nation
Major

Unread postby Arctic-Nation » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:54 pm

Played this one too, managed once again to clear the final target on the final turn, then found I had run out of units able to take it. Pesky forests everywhere.

Bit hectic in the first turn, with all those German and Soviet forces mingling all over the place, but as long as you cut the Soviet forces up in smaller groups and keep an eye on your own unit placement, they shouldn't be able to break through to threaten your supply lines. Victory conditions should be eased a little, though. I think you're trying to adhere strictly to the timetable as set by the historical events, but that isn't necessary in a game like this.

Still, a good romp. Will play again to win this weekend.

Oh, and Jagdpanzer IV's making a very early appearance, again. ;)

Edit: there's an Hungarian Zrinyi II attached to one of the German units in the North. Oh, and I also got the BV on turn 5 thingy. Otherwise, a very enjoyable scenario.

Nebulas
Captain

Unread postby Nebulas » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:29 pm

Thx for the feedback.
I found the bug and corrected Brilliant Victory on turn 5.
Also corrected the Zrinyi II + Jagdpanzer IV units.
Last edited by Nebulas on Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arctic-Nation
Major

Unread postby Arctic-Nation » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:36 am

Great. :)

Other than that, you might want to tighten the victory conditions for some of the easier targets (same goes for your other scenarios) in the centre of the map. Keeps the pressure on. ;) That the whole thing is a bit on the easy side, well, nothing to do about that, I guess. :D Maybe you could put the extra Panzer divisions in the OKH reserve, instead of the force pool, even though I've found them to be indispensable in pushing towards Novgorod and Narva. Maybe I should allow the bulk of my forces driving for Novgorod to be cut off, instead, and race some other units directly from the south to relieve them. Up to now, I've just been grinding my way through Pleskau.

Nebulas
Captain

Unread postby Nebulas » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:32 pm

Its my goal to keep some targets simple and historical correct. The german troops had in the first steps of the campaign the better experience and better tactics.
So the most targets were conquered fast. The main enemy was the size of the terrain. I think especial this part is great to see in my scenarios.

HappyDaze
Captain

Unread postby HappyDaze » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:20 am

Arctic-Nation wrote:Played this one too, managed once again to clear the final target on the final turn, then found I had run out of units able to take it.

Played this last night and the same thing happened to me. This scenario is fun, but very, very hard to win. I wouldn't object to the length being extended one more turn. Since I got UoC about a month ago I've gotten about a hundred playings under my belt. Of the scenarios that came with the game, I've been beaten twice, scored one Brilliant Victory, and all the rest Victories with about ninety of those Decisive Victories. That may not be as impressive as it sounds; possibly I gravitate towards the easier scenarios. Anyway, my point is that I am probably an average player, and so far I can't seem to eke out any level of victory from this battle.

Oh, and Jagdpanzer IV's making a very early appearance, again.

Yep. At least one of my divisions is supported by a JPz IV/70 even though it didn't make an appearance on the battlefield until three years later.

Happy

armia741
Newcomer

Unread postby armia741 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:56 am

Maybe you could put the extra Panzer divisions in the OKH reserve, instead of the force pool, even though I've found them to be indispensable in pushing towards Novgorod and Narva.
Our passforsure online training really helps you pass VMWARE exam in first try. Download the latest Pass4sure dumps with 100% success guarantee. See more detail about this products on wikipedia and University of California, San Diego Website best wishes.