[RT] 2nd Battle of the Crimea

Post your scenarios here.
Danielefc
2x2 Games

[RT] 2nd Battle of the Crimea

Unread postby Danielefc » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:16 pm

This scenario covers the liberation of the Crimea in the spring of 1944.

The scenario is pretty much done as I see it - unless someone spots a flaw I've overlooked.

Any comments - good or bad - are always welcome :)

2nd Crimea.rar

EDIT: Damn - originally forgot to put [RT] in the title thread :oops:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Danielefc on Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ComradeP
Brigadier General

Re: [RT] 2nd Battle of the Crimea

Unread postby ComradeP » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:07 pm

Substantially more interesting than I expected the operation would be (I thought it would be too small to create, with too few units in only a small part of the map, which is why it isn't in the DLC).

Nice scenario!

Danielefc
2x2 Games

Unread postby Danielefc » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:54 pm

Metatron
Second Lieutenant

Unread postby Metatron » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:35 pm

Fun indeed, Sebastopol is quite difficult to crack, city+entrenched pioneers is very powerfull. Kertch should be a turn 3 objective, with ideal situation that's possible.

Tsimagas
Cadet

Unread postby Tsimagas » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:42 pm

Greetings!

I try to run the scenario but there is an Error Notification [dls missing] red turn. How can I resolve this situation?

And a happy new year!

T.

Danielefc
2x2 Games

Unread postby Danielefc » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:02 pm

Tsimagas wrote:Greetings!

I try to run the scenario but there is an Error Notification [dls missing] red turn. How can I resolve this situation?

And a happy new year!

T.

Do you have the expansion "Red Turn"?

Metatron wrote:Fun indeed, Sebastopol is quite difficult to crack, city+entrenched pioneers is very powerfull. Kertch should be a turn 3 objective, with ideal situation that's possible.

Cheers :). Yea it started out as a turn 3 objective but random rains made it impossible too often I believe (about 15-20% of the time). If the weather is good then yes it is very possible to take it on turn 3 (and even 2).

corrador
Newcomer

Unread postby corrador » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:14 pm

Very nice scenario - but how do I crack the Pioneers? It seems to me that is only possible if you get lucky with your airplane and suppress some steps (in the 2 turns you have for attacking, five and six, for brilliant victory). It the plane does not suceed you have no chance.

Danielefc
2x2 Games

Unread postby Danielefc » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:03 pm

corrador wrote:Very nice scenario - but how do I crack the Pioneers? It seems to me that is only possible if you get lucky with your airplane and suppress some steps (in the 2 turns you have for attacking, five and six, for brilliant victory). It the plane does not suceed you have no chance.

It can be done without airplanes (plus airplanes are risky since it can easily reduce the city to ruins making any capture nigh impossible).

SPOILER ALERT:

Use arty to remove dug in status, get your armour to veteran level+give it some arty

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:41 pm

I've now played this (epic delay, eh?) and I find it well balanced and enjoyable. Totally recomended.

I agree with ComradeP that you've gotten much more out of this campaign than we ever thought would be possible. Good stuff. :)

Danielefc
2x2 Games

Unread postby Danielefc » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:30 am

Tomislav Uzelac wrote:I've now played this (epic delay, eh?) and I find it well balanced and enjoyable. Totally recomended.

I agree with ComradeP that you've gotten much more out of this campaign than we ever thought would be possible. Good stuff. :)

Thanks! :) And yea took ya' long enough :P. I remember scouring the Eastern Front for battles that had not been covered and where the terrain was also there. To the credit of the game and expansions it was (and is) bloody hard to come up with!