[RT] Spring Awakening

Post your scenarios here.
spillblood
Major General

Re: [RT] Spring Awakening

Unread postby spillblood » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:33 am

Pretty hard scenario. I love it! Have to manage to beat it though.

spillblood
Major General

Unread postby spillblood » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:35 am

Tried it out in multiplayer. It's pretty well suited, because both sides are pretty strong. It was a pretty tense battle, I played as the Axis and my brother as the Soviets, didn't manage to reach the objectives in time. We both tried to encircle each other in the cause of the battle and both had very few units left in the end. I almost reached the southernmost objective, but couldn't attack it.

Ritalingamer
Colonel

Unread postby Ritalingamer » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:51 am

I just barely scraped a victory on my first playthrough. That elite Guards armored corps is a beast and a half and there's nothing in the Axis arsenal that can take it on.

Why does Budapest have its own supply stockpile to the Northwest? I somehow missed it until I had encircled it and cut off all the supply - then wondered why none of the Soviet units were out of supply. :oops:

Good scenario, very challenging.

Danielefc
2x2 Games

Unread postby Danielefc » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:25 pm

spillblood wrote:Tried it out in multiplayer. It's pretty well suited, because both sides are pretty strong. It was a pretty tense battle, I played as the Axis and my brother as the Soviets, didn't manage to reach the objectives in time. We both tried to encircle each other in the cause of the battle and both had very few units left in the end. I almost reached the southernmost objective, but couldn't attack it.

Interesting - but now that you mention it then it does seem pretty suited to pvp. Never thought of it as I have yet to try a multiplayer game :)

Ritalingamer wrote:I just barely scraped a victory on my first playthrough. That elite Guards armored corps is a beast and a half and there's nothing in the Axis arsenal that can take it on.

Why does Budapest have its own supply stockpile to the Northwest? I somehow missed it until I had encircled it and cut off all the supply - then wondered why none of the Soviet units were out of supply. :oops:

Good scenario, very challenging.

Hey winning in the first playtrough is really very well done :).

The supply depot east of Budapest exists for two reasons:

1. Historically these units where not in any danger of loosing their supply had the Germans reached the Donau (due to the situation further north (offmap)).

2. Balance - If these units loose their supply then the scenario becomes too "easy" for ze Axis. My goal for this scenario was to make it as hard as i possibly could.

Ritalingamer
Colonel

Unread postby Ritalingamer » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:42 pm

Hey winning in the first playtrough is really very well done :).

The supply depot east of Budapest exists for two reasons:

1. Historically these units where not in any danger of loosing their supply had the Germans reached the Donau (due to the situation further north (offmap)).

2. Balance - If these units loose their supply then the scenario becomes too "easy" for ze Axis. My goal for this scenario was to make it as hard as i possibly could.[/quote]

Hah, but I did lose miserably on my second attempt, so I guess that balances out.

For the dummies like me, maybe put a reference in the briefing to how "Due to conditions further north, forces around Budapest cannot be cut off from supply" or put the supply source up at the northern edge of the map, where players are more accustomed to looking for supply sources.

spillblood
Major General

Unread postby spillblood » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:05 am

Danielefc wrote:Interesting - but now that you mention it then it does seem pretty suited to pvp. Never thought of it as I have yet to try a multiplayer game :)

I'd recommend trying it out in Hotseat if you have any friends who may like the game! I'd be willing to play with any of you as well, though. Wondering how Online multiplayer works, if you can play asynchronous?

kop101
First Lieutenant

Unread postby kop101 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:16 am

succeed at first try, great scenario with interesting twist - good job :D

tris000
Newcomer

Unread postby tris000 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:16 pm

Thanks for this scenario, amazing work can I hope that you would make a similar scenario with Operation 'Konrad', Thanks in advance :D

mk20336
Cadet

Unread postby mk20336 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:35 pm

Hi,

pretty nice scenario - I am actually very much interested in hstory of WWII and was aware of this battle - I think that you correctly put very experienced troops there.

I played once and managed to win Decisive Victory (without OKH reserves). Key was get Budapest in first turn and then fight with counterattacks, which were aimed at taking back that point (and opening supply). Really nice play, but to get brilliant vistory - that could be probelmatic...

SS-Magician
Cadet

Unread postby SS-Magician » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:46 am

can you attach this map as a zip folder? because I don't have WinRAR......=( thank you