[RT] Spring Awakening

Post your scenarios here.
Danielefc
2x2 Games

[RT] Spring Awakening

Unread postby Danielefc » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:17 pm

Well here is my first attempt to make a scenario. Its an axis scenario and not easy :twisted: truthfully it should be impossible... but hey then what would the point be...

Operation Spring Awakening: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Spring_Awakening

This is a Beta version - but very playable.
VERSION 1.00:
Spring Awakening.rar

VERSION 1.01:
Spring Awakening 1.01.rar

Any comments - good or bad - are very very welcome :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Danielefc on Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

adin
Major

Re: [RT] Spring Awakening

Unread postby adin » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:13 am

I can't download scenario from your link, please, upload it as a forum attachment (.zip file).
greetings!

nikdav
Colonel

Unread postby nikdav » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:33 am

File not Found !

Danielefc
2x2 Games

Unread postby Danielefc » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:08 pm

Odd... works fine when I try it :?

Added forum download link - so now its a sure go :)

LaLose
Second Lieutenant

Unread postby LaLose » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:23 am

Hi, thanks for this scenario :) I did not know this battle, you gave me the opportunity to learn a bit more about it.
My first attempt had been a total disaster, I was happy to reach the last turn with few units alive. The Soviet armoured units are very strong.
I finally achieved a DV... thanks to the AI. I simply blocked all the supply sources and the computer did not try to unblock them. Three turns later, it was easy to destroy all the Soviet Units... The AI would be stronger if it could take care of its logistic network.

Danielefc
2x2 Games

Unread postby Danielefc » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:08 am

LaLose wrote:Hi, thanks for this scenario :) I did not know this battle, you gave me the opportunity to learn a bit more about it.
My first attempt had been a total disaster, I was happy to reach the last turn with few units alive. The Soviet armoured units are very strong.
I finally achieved a DV... thanks to the AI. I simply blocked all the supply sources and the computer did not try to unblock them. Three turns later, it was easy to destroy all the Soviet Units... The AI would be stronger if it could take care of its logistic network.

Yea its a little known battle... 2. Panzer Army and 6. SS-Panzer Army had about 400 operational tanks in total. So if it was made completely historical the axis units should be even weaker (divisions(!) fluctuated between 10-40'ish machines each.) and have much less exp. (since all the ranks had just been bolstered by raw recruits from the marine and airforce). Plus most of the map should really be covered in mud... But that would NOT make for any fun scenario :lol:

Cheers for the feedback :). Next build im working on has some more soviet rear area units plus the AI should try and retake depots. It is however possible to get a BV (even without capturing the depots).

ComradeP
Brigadier General

Unread postby ComradeP » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:17 pm

Originally, I thought about making a scenario going from the start of Spring Awakening to the fall of Vienna, but considering the limited number of hexes between the German starting positions and Vienna, I didn't think it could work. The actual, historical, Spring Awakening would only cover a couple of hexes as the Germans got stuck more or less immediately. It wasn't like Konrad where there was a somewhat sustainable initial advance.

Danielefc
2x2 Games

Unread postby Danielefc » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:21 pm

ComradeP wrote:Originally, I thought about making a scenario going from the start of Spring Awakening to the fall of Vienna, but considering the limited number of hexes between the German starting positions and Vienna, I didn't think it could work. The actual, historical, Spring Awakening would only cover a couple of hexes as the Germans got stuck more or less immediately. It wasn't like Konrad where there was a somewhat sustainable initial advance.

Nono - they made tremendous advances :D.

Danielefc
2x2 Games

Unread postby Danielefc » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:03 pm

version 1.01 is up now (see OP)

-added some tips to the AI
-added some rear area troops
-added Soviet supply source west of Budapest
-Minor naming corrections

LaLose
Second Lieutenant

Unread postby LaLose » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:10 pm

This new version is interesting and challenging, thanks for this update :)
I managed to crush the Soviet Army but I failed to take Budapest. I have to find the right strategy.

Edit : Ok, I achieved a difficult victory in the last round!