[RT] To the Gates of Leningrad

Post your scenarios here.
Great Ajax
Second Lieutenant

[RT] To the Gates of Leningrad

Unread postby Great Ajax » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:28 pm

To the Gates of Leningrad - 22 June 1941

Command Army Group North to capture and destroy the heart of Bolshevism - Leningrad.

Comments welcome. The Soviets have been given a healthy serving of partisan attacks (4 each turn) in order to disrupt the German supply chain.

Trey
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nikdav
Colonel

Re: Custom Scenario - To the Gates of Leningrad

Unread postby nikdav » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:30 am

Very good job, i like it !
I had a victory at 22 turn without problems, perhaps the germans had too many supply drop.
The AI work fine expecially with partisans, encircling many times my advanced divisions,
but with the supply drops.....there is no great problem.

Great Ajax
Second Lieutenant

Unread postby Great Ajax » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:22 pm

Removing the air resupply was my last resort if I couldn't find any other way to get reduce the supply net. Thanks for the input.

Trey

LaLose
Second Lieutenant

Unread postby LaLose » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:31 am

Hi, thanks for this nice scenario :)
I agree with Nikdav, German have probably too many supplies. Maybe they have too many "+1 range". I finished the game with a huge logistic network. Anyway it could be a great scenrario if you can tune a little bit the difficulty.

Danielefc
2x2 Games

Re: [RT] To the Gates of Leningrad

Unread postby Danielefc » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:02 pm

This scenario is really great fun. I little bit of fine tuning here and there and wow it would be even more awesome!

Good job!

Metatron
Second Lieutenant

Unread postby Metatron » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:00 am

Looks great ! goint ot try it out today. Noticed IA has not many orders, you can impove it's behaviour by helping it defend with IA hints.

The 1 logistic point per turn whithout limit isto much indeed, a maximum should beset there.

Partisans where not a great threat this early in the war and esspecially not in the HGruppe Nord region. I would put a limittto the total number of partisans and reduce it to 2 per turn.

I'll try the rest out later ^^

edit: won on turn 18, some added AT specs could help infanterie stop tose panzer and mot divisions which destroy everything. IA should defend more aggresivly the bidges at Narva and Pskov, which are great defensive positions (some IA hints would solve that problem.

bobkatz
Newcomer

Unread postby bobkatz » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:09 am

Thanks for that. Fun scenario for panzerblitz.

For more play balance I recommend shorten German supply lines and take away some of the air drops, this should be a test of logistics for the panzers.

Also reduce the total number of turns. I won on turn 17, 29 is too much time.

Ritalingamer
Colonel

Unread postby Ritalingamer » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:49 pm

This is an ambitious, but solid scenario. Bravo!

Two suggestions -

- Drop the number of partisan attacks to two or three per turn - four makes it too easy for partisans to cut supply in places I thought were secure. This may be historical, but it's frustrating from a gameplay perspective, as I sometimes forget the rules that govern when and where partisans can cut a rail line.
Alternately, you could give the Germans more security divisions or break up the existing full strength security divisions into multiple one or two step green divisions, so they can cover more ground without buffing the Germans' combat power.

- Explore making the forces in and around Leningrad stronger and more difficult to assault directly. Perhaps you could make Leningrad itself a very hard nut to crack, but move the supply point from the center of the city to the shores of Lake Ladoga - this would simulate the German's need to (unsuccessfully) place the city under siege and cut off its supply, rather than attempting a direct assault.

dmcheng
First Lieutenant

Unread postby dmcheng » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:39 pm

I enjoyed playing this, I won in 19 turns. I agree with the other commenters about reducing the partisans, weakening the German supply, and improving the Soviet defense.

sourdust
Brigadier General

Unread postby sourdust » Tue May 07, 2013 5:53 am

How do I install this scenario?

I can get community scenarios to install fine when they are single .usc files. But when I unzip this file, it's a folder with lots of files in it, none of which are .usc. I tried putting the whole folder in the User Scenarios folder, but it doesn't recognise it. I'm on mac, btw.

Thanks!