Unity of Command WIKI

https://unityofcommand.net/wiki/
Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Unity of Command WIKI

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:30 pm

Hi all,

board member davouthojo pointed me to a rather nice community wiki for "Field of Glory":

http://fog-pc-wiki.wikispaces.com/

Here at UoC we had some success with the "Tips and Tricks" thread, but the suggestion is that a forum thread is not the best venue for such content and that a wiki would be a good idea.

I am putting this up in case there are community members willing to contribute to such a wiki - do please let us know, guys. We would support this as much as we can, i.e. host the wiki and also contribute materials from both the manual and our own internal wiki as necessary.

-Tomislav

davouthojo
Second Lieutenant

Re: Unity of Command WIKI

Unread postby davouthojo » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:31 am

Well of course, I am in - and great that you will host and provide some "secret sauce".

I think it would be much easier to browse than the forums - and your "history" feature will bring it to life with embedded video.

Once you have picked a platform, I am happy to contribute by cutting and pasting the current forum contents over - I am creating a wiki of my own for work, and this is good practice!

Hope we can have 3-4 core volunteers to collaborate on this - ensuring we attract lots of new players and get lots more goodies from 2x2!

AlanSmithee
Newcomer

Unread postby AlanSmithee » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:10 pm

Would there be interest in a FAQ, as well? A FAQ could provide some inputs to the wiki, but also would be handy for newcomers to the game and forums.

I'm a very new player (only a couple scenarios in) but in some ways that's an advantage, as I can collect my own questions from a newbie perspective as I encounter things. If experienced folks here would be willing to answer and provide other Q&A that's already been handled, I'm happy to try to collate in one post or thread in the forum.

Kudos for making a such a great game!

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:39 pm

Hi guys,

we're interested in the wiki idea in general and the FAQ sounds good too. Thanks for coming forward like this. Pelin is already looking into the software platform.

We'll keep everyone posted - in the meantime if there are others interested in contributing do drop us a line here. This kind of community involvement could turn out to be quite a significant step up for this game system :)