Crimea

Let's keep only one thread active per scenario. What do you think about a particular scenario. Was it too easy, too hard? Did you win or lose at first? Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.
Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Re: Crimea

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:22 pm

Thanks and welcome to the forums! :-)

The puzzle-ish problem in the east is mostly unintentional as I explained earlier but maybe it's all for the good after all. It's good to hear you're enjoing the introductory scenario already. There's plenty more to come...

Antares
Cadet

Unread postby Antares » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:17 pm

As I mentioned in an earlier message, understanding how ZOCs work and how to bypass units is essential for a BV in Crimea. I've been getting BV's each time I revisit this scenario, after my experiences with larger and more complex battles.

So far (basically, I've been fighting the same three scenarios in order to better understand the game) I've noticed that ZOCs are very important, but more so protecting the lines of supply, which the AI is very keen to disrupt at every opportunity.

Overall, I'm very pleased with this game, it's flowing but not superficial, I got complacent a couple of times and the AI run amok on my supply lines. Let's hope there is more to come in terms of other campaigns.

Fradiddle
Cadet

Unread postby Fradiddle » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:27 pm

Woo-hoo! Finally. 25% experience, 75% dumb luck.
Crimea-BV.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Captain Reval
Newcomer

Unread postby Captain Reval » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:51 pm

willgamer wrote:1. How is it even remotely possible to take Kerch in 2 turns?

It's completely possible to take Kerch and Sevastopol both in 2 turns.

(As a beginner, in order to understand the game, I have played the Introductory Scenario quite a bit. In the course of my experiments I discovered/created a reliable strategy which yields a Brilliant Victory in approximately 95% cases and a 2-turn Brilliant Victory in 70% cases. Depending on the success of Overruns and Aircraft Attacks there are couple of variants how the scenario can unfold, but this strategy is fortunately rather luck-neutral (Rain being main source of risk). A hint: the key is disbanding units.)