Don Offensives (moved from Beta test forum)

Let's keep only one thread active per scenario. What do you think about a particular scenario. Was it too easy, too hard? Did you win or lose at first? Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.
2xPelin
2x2 Games

Don Offensives (moved from Beta test forum)

Unread postby 2xPelin » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:56 pm

Old topic is locked viewtopic.php?f=19&t=209

Changes in new version:
  • Added infantry steps to Stavka Reserve
  • Ski brigades belong to Voronezh Front, changed deployment locations to reflect that

kaiserbill
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Don Offensives

Unread postby kaiserbill » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:09 pm

Utterly incapable of completing this mission in campaign mode in sufficient time to open up the optional in the campaign map.

Happy to believe I am an idiot and missing something but I have tried this many, many, many, many, many, times. I would guess at around 20 - 25 attempts now.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
Groucho Marx

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:18 pm

I assume you're talking about getting a BV. I am posting an older ComradeP playthrough of this... this is the old version of the scenario, but I think the differences don't matter. Check it out, it's a classic... he actually did slightly better than we ever managed in testing :D

(Note that I had to manually convert his original usg because campaign usg's cannot be loaded as scenarios. Again, sorry about this and we are sure to fix it... but maybe in an update rather than for the first release.)

comradep_don.usg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Spooner
Brigadier General

Unread postby Spooner » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:38 pm

I just managed a perfect, but spending 195 prestige in the regular (non-campaign) version. Had to buy both elite skiers to get the entrenched troops out of Voronezh and got lucky in that the AI didn't retreat strong units to defend behind the river. Still, was as much about luck as skill and took me 5 goes (I'd managed it in beta4, but Soviet tanks were more effective vs towns back then, so it was a tiny bit easier).

kaiserbill
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postby kaiserbill » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:28 am

Okay on hearing Spooner's wisdowm I tried again, using the ski men as directed and managed to do it - spent 195 prestige but hey - I managed it.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
Groucho Marx

2xPelin
2x2 Games

Re: Don Offensives (moved from Beta test forum)

Unread postby 2xPelin » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:50 pm

Topic moved from beta test forum. Continue discussion here.