schwerpunkt for Tyhphoon

Let's keep only one thread active per scenario. What do you think about a particular scenario. Was it too easy, too hard? Did you win or lose at first? Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.
senarmont
Second Lieutenant

schwerpunkt for Tyhphoon

Unread postby senarmont » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:03 pm

After failing to capture to beat the Moscow battle many times in Black Turn i transferred the bulk of panzer units to advance in the north from Rzhev to Moscow and in the South from Kursk to Tula and this double pincer strategy brought me a decisive victory. This thread is for others to share their experiences in the Typhoon battle.

juoc
Major

Re: schwerpunkt for Tyhphoon

Unread postby juoc » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:20 pm

My main attack in the north was through Vyazma-Mozhaysk-Moscow, with only a few units sent north to help clear Rzhev and then Kalinin. But otherwise we seem to have done the same, ignored Briansk and Kaluga and advanced Kursk-Orel-Tula in the south.

Stahlgewitter
Colonel

Re: schwerpunkt for Tyhphoon

Unread postby Stahlgewitter » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:57 pm

What makes Typhoon such a great scenario is having to balance pushing your mobile units up from the southern map edge as quickly as possible without running out of supplies. I once denuded the front so badly the better quality Soviet units down there were able to whittle away what of my infantry was left there and break through in several places.

If you can get the southern mobile units within range of Moscow by the time your main thrust approaches from Mozhaysk, there is nothing the Soviets can do. (The scenario is strangely anticlimactic towards the end.)