Black Turn: Army Group North

Let's keep only one thread active per scenario. What do you think about a particular scenario. Was it too easy, too hard? Did you win or lose at first? Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.
ComradeP
Brigadier General

Re: Black Turn: Army Group North

Unread postby ComradeP » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:59 pm

It used to be even more difficult, but I made the scenario somewhat easier during the beta so you can get a BV consistently, without requiring excessively good rolls.

Grenator
Second Lieutenant

Re: Black Turn: Army Group North

Unread postby Grenator » Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:45 am

Danielefc wrote:I'll give a little hint here: The shortest route to Pskov does not go via Riga...

This tip wins the thread. I've been trying to BV this map for days, and essentially had the same problem as the OP: I only managed to take Pskov on turn 7.

So, I followed the tip, and directed all of my mobile forces (except for the SS Motorised, since it's too far behind from the start, and it is more useful in Riga) down the southern route: first straight to Daugavpils and then to Pskov. Got BV on the first try. :)

One further hint: on turn 5, when you are moving towards Pskov from Daugavpils, engage the troops the enemy moves against you as little as possible and don't worry about the supply lines.