Ingame music

Post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding.
Alpha Zwo
Second Lieutenant

Ingame music

Unread postby Alpha Zwo » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:55 pm

Already asked this over at the Matrix forum but did not get an answer. Is it possible to have more than two music files playing ingame? I have replaced clip3.oog and clip4.oog with WWII era music and it works fine. Thought it would be possible to place some other files named clip1.oog, clip2.oog etc. into the folder but the music will not play ingame.

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Re: Ingame music

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:42 am

Hello,

I've seen your post there and meant to reply but apparently... did not :oops:

The "playlist" is hardcoded, i.e. it will always go through these exact two clips. I suggest just muting the music and playing whatever you intended normally.

Our music code will probably try to do something smarter in future updates. For example, detect whether you are playing the game or watching the AI play, and it will play a different music track accordingly. This is why we left it like this: it's not meant as a generic playlist.

Hope this helps.

spillblood
Major General

Unread postby spillblood » Wed May 16, 2012 7:19 pm

Hehe, I mostly mute the music and play Martial Industrial like March of Heroes (pretty fitting for this game, especially when you play as the Soviets). Great music for military strategy games, although some bands have a pretty controversial image (and message). I think UoC's music is good, but pretty repetitive, even more so than in, for example, Panzer Corps.

jaleebi22
Newcomer

Unread postby jaleebi22 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:11 am

It will always go through these exact two clips. I suggest just muting the music........!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Enjoy the real success with ccna lab manual pdf exam and cisco ccna online training programs and latest ccie lab locations Also prepare for next level with quality Certkiller ACMP_6.1 questions and www.northeastern.edu and join Stevenson University

Pannoniae
Major

Unread postby Pannoniae » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:54 pm

I will look at it tomorrow and try to find a solution to load more files.