Asset generation and legacy support

Post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding.
Pannoniae
Major

Asset generation and legacy support

Unread postby Pannoniae » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:53 pm

Hi.

I found out the game has images for rotating sprites. Did you generate them using a tool, or hand-made? In the later option, it was so much work :D

Second question: UoC 2 is coming soon (whatever you count as soon) Will you support this game indefinitely, or this game becomes an abandonware? Or will you hand over support/patching/content-adding/whatever to community?

Pannoniae
Major

Re: Asset generation and legacy support

Unread postby Pannoniae » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:49 pm

And a third question: did you use a custom Python interpreter? I tried to replace 2.6 with my own, but it didn't start. And it is considerably smaller (2.9 MB, the original vs 2.0 MB) I tried to recompile the game, but also no success. Maybe it's something with the magical bytes?

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Re: Asset generation and legacy support

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:03 pm

Pannoniae wrote:Did you generate them using a tool, or hand-made?

They're 3D models rendered in 60 different orientations. If you want to make your own models, just follow the same orientations as we used.

Pannoniae wrote:Will you support this game indefinitely, or this game becomes an abandonware?

Nothing lasts forever, however I do plan to release one final update, with python 2.7, up to date Steam SDK and OpenGL (for Steam overlay and screenshots). Unfortunately, as dates were slipping for the new game (I had family issues to deal with), so did the plans for this update. It will be done eventually, promise.

Pannoniae wrote:did you use a custom Python interpreter?

Nope, it uses regular Python 2.5 (or 2.6 I don't remember). I don't think replacing the interpreter will work because various dependencies (C extension modules) were compiled for the specific version of python that was used.

Cheers!