Reinforcements at designated hex's

Post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding.
Sandmandan
First Lieutenant

Reinforcements at designated hex's

Unread postby Sandmandan » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:44 am

Hi

Am in the middle of creating a whole 'Ost Front' scenario from Leningrad to Novorossiysk and need some advice on how to get Wehrmacht reinforcements to appear at certain Hex's. I have created the reinforcement list so they appear on certain turns, but can't seem to work out how to get them deployed.

Any help would be great!!

Danielefc
2x2 Games

Re: Reinforcements at designated hex's

Unread postby Danielefc » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:11 am

1. When you hover the cursor over the map in the editor, a set of grid co-ordinates are shown at the bottom of the tool box. (lets just call them 103,13 as an example)
2. Select a unit in the forcepool now that you have the desired coordinates. The unit detail window pops up (the same one where you set the turn for the unit to appear/become available)
3. At the bottom of this window there is an slot next to the title "deploy". Fill in this with the coordinates like this

Code: Select all

[[103,13]]

Thats all there is to it.[

PS. If you want more hexes as deployment zones for the same unit just (lets say 103,13 and 104,55). Then just enter

Code: Select all

[[103,13], [104,55]]

PPS. I recomend starting out with small scenarios first just to get the hang of the editor before making something major :)

Sandmandan
First Lieutenant

Re: Reinforcements at designated hex's

Unread postby Sandmandan » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:02 pm

Thanks Dan! That's going to be a great help.

Yeah I thought about going for something small to start off with but it all got a bit out of control and now I have the whole front line complete for both the Wehrmacht and Soviet forces with reserves.

Just a case of setting defend points and then I should be able to put it up for comments/ideas.

Thanks again! :D