Some New NATO Counters

Post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding.
Stardog765
Cadet

Some New NATO Counters

Unread postby Stardog765 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:21 am

Hello all. New here and new to the game.
I am loving it! Simple yet deep!

Anyway as cute as the bobble heads are and they are I thought I would whip me up some NATO counters for it.
I just made these for personal use but thought I would off to zip them and up and upload them if anyone would like them.

If not no worries just an offer.

Have a set for both the game and then DLC.

parusski
Newcomer

Re: Some New NATO Counters

Unread postby parusski » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:47 am

I like your counters and would like to use them for both the basic game and DLC.

Thanks
David

HolyDeath
Captain

Unread postby HolyDeath » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:23 am

Anyway as cute as the bobble heads are and they are I thought I would whip me up some NATO counters for it.

I apploud the effort, but I have little love for NATO counters as I know them to the death from Hearts of Iron III. I'd like to point out better counters: like these.

Stardog765
Cadet

Unread postby Stardog765 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:40 am

Wow those are really nice!
I have Hearts of Iron 3 but I have not delved into that game yet. I am kind of partial to turn based or WWII games but I love those counters.

How do you like HoI3? Can one play it well without having to deal with all the industry and diplomacy?

I wonder if those silloettes he used are his creation or open source. Hmmm

Oh and I will zip mine up and upload them might take me a day or two. Thanks for the kind words and the link to those other counters.

Stardog765
Cadet

Unread postby Stardog765 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:51 pm

Here is the link for anyone who might want to use these.

http://db.tt/Vy3jLboU

HolyDeath
Captain

Unread postby HolyDeath » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:01 pm

How do you like HoI3? Can one play it well without having to deal with all the industry and diplomacy?

Industry controls what units will be produced and diplomacy in lastest expansion is very important if you want to spread your influence through Asia and/or Central/Eastern Europe. I think HoI3 is the kind of game one could call complex wargame - Unity of Commands has an edge here in sense of having simple and clear mechanics. In case of HoI3 you'll have to read all the manuals, play through trail and error and you'd still have to ask questions on Paradox's forum. Still, they have positive and very active community, the most mature and meaningful one I've ever seen, and I was in a lot of places. You can ask the most basic or dumb question and many people will not only take you seriously, but also give you a lot of insight. The only thing I miss in Unity of Command is the ability to play worldwide, with air and naval units and ability to "create" your own reinforcements, etc. It'd be ultimate wargame for me then... I am going to spread the word of it (even did a review on my blog on a website of quite reknown gaming print magazine) so 2x2 Games and UoC gets more attention.