Setting map size - how?

Post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding.
ichadwick
First Lieutenant

Setting map size - how?

Unread postby ichadwick » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:56 pm

I'm trying to create a sample scenario and am frustrated right at the start.

How do I set the map size? I have tried to follow the instructions in the PDF but no matter where I click, nothing gets set. I want to limited the action to a smaller portion of the map. Here's what I do. Maybe someone can point out my mistake(s):

Call up the mini-map and drag the box to the proper area.

Click on a map edge on the main map (not mini map) where I want the top edge of the playing area. (I assume this is in the "sizer view" because the manual says "Hex coordinates will be displayed." but they are not displayed in the sizer view, only in normal view).

I click the up and down arrows as the manual says (keypad and standalone arrows). Nothing happens. There is nothing showing on screen and the arrow keys don't move anything visible.

I click the left/right arrow keys. Nothing happens, like the above.

Hold the arrow key until the selected map edge is at the desired location. Nothing happens. No borders show.

I've tried doing it in both normal and sizer view, tried shift-clicking, tried ctrl-click, and other combos. Nada.

I've tried to change the size of existing scenario maps - I can click on the inner border and change the size of pre-set maps. Just not set it myself.

What am I doing/not doing to make this work? Any help or walkthrough will be appreciated.

Everything else seems to work. I can place and move units, etc.
Ian
The life so short, the craft so long to learn...
Chaucer, The Parliament of Fowles

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Re: Setting map size - how?

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:42 pm

When you create a new scenario, it covers the entire map by default. That means that the sizer rectangle (dark, dashed line) is right on the edge of the map and might be a bit difficult to see. Anyway this is what you need to do:

1. Switch to "sizer" tool (the top-right button in the toolbox)

2. Go to any one of the map edges. The sizer rectangle should be visible right on the edge, as a dark dashed line. Click on it.

3. You can see when the edge is selected, there's additional dark tint over it.

4. Use Up/Down or Left/Right as you wish.

Cheers!

ichadwick
First Lieutenant

Re: Setting map size - how?

Unread postby ichadwick » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:24 pm

Ah ha! That worked. Now I can carry on trying to work out the OOB and see how it plays... thanks.
Ian
The life so short, the craft so long to learn...
Chaucer, The Parliament of Fowles