2x2 games webiste?

Chat about anything.
Seigaku
Cadet

2x2 games webiste?

Unread postby Seigaku » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:41 am

Hi, i was wondering if Unity of command was the only game that 2x2 games have, if not, i can't find the official webiste of 2x2 games

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Re: 2x2 games webiste?

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:53 pm

It's our only game. We have a project to create the 2x2 Games site but it's perpetually on the back burner. Maybe now with the expansion, we will have what, 1.5 games? Then it will make sense to have a company site, surely... ;)

August
Captain

Unread postby August » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:57 pm

Indeed, Tomislav, indeed.
:lol:
"Otium cum dignitate..."

Rola
First Lieutenant

Unread postby Rola » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:26 pm

I see a bright future for 2x2. Now that you've created a modern, improved version of Panzer General. Why not make a modern newer version of Civil War Generals?

Hmmm?

spillblood
Major General

Unread postby spillblood » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:37 pm

Rola wrote:I see a bright future for 2x2. Now that you've created a modern, improved version of Panzer General. Why not make a modern newer version of Civil War Generals?

Hmmm?

No, please no Civil War stuff. You have to understand, we Europeans have no relation to the American Civil War, although I find it pretty interesting (I read some books on the topic, played some Civil War games etc.), but it's simply not as interesting as for example wars in Europe in the 19th century, like the Crimean War, the Franko Prussian war etc. Rather find some topic that's more related to your surroundings and the history you know, maybe Partisan action in former Yugoslavia would be interesting, although I guess it's hard to model in a wargame.
But Pacific theater in WW2 would be awesome, especially if you could include China, Australia, GB etc. as playable nations (for example the advance on Port Moresby on Papua. Just try to bring some topics that haven't been explored in detail in wargames!
Hypothetic scenarios, like WW 3 between USSR and NATO in Europe would also be awesome (you'd have to decide on a time though).
Last edited by spillblood on Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:19 am, edited 3 times in total.

pb83
Second Lieutenant

Unread postby pb83 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:02 pm

great ideas! also i'd love to have bigger air force involvement in the next outings.

ironbmike
First Lieutenant

Unread postby ironbmike » Tue May 14, 2013 2:20 pm

spillblood wrote:
Rola wrote:I see a bright future for 2x2. Now that you've created a modern, improved version of Panzer General. Why not make a modern newer version of Civil War Generals?

Hmmm?

No, please no Civil War stuff. You have to understand, we Europeans have no relation to the American Civil War, although I find it pretty interesting (I read some books on the topic, played some Civil War games etc.), but it's simply not as interesting as for example wars in Europe in the 19th century, like the Crimean War, the Franko Prussian war etc. Rather find some topic that's more related to your surroundings and the history you know, maybe Partisan action in former Yugoslavia would be interesting, although I guess it's hard to model in a wargame.
But Pacific theater in WW2 would be awesome, especially if you could include China, Australia, GB etc. as playable nations (for example the advance on Port Moresby on Papua. Just try to bring some topics that haven't been explored in detail in wargames!
Hypothetic scenarios, like WW 3 between USSR and NATO in Europe would also be awesome (you'd have to decide on a time though).

Just make a similar game but in the musket era. This would be flexible enough to allow you to do wars from 1700-1870, European and American.

Dale2
Newcomer

Unread postby Dale2 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:37 am

Seigaku wrote:Hi, i was wondering if Unity of command was the only game that 2x2 games have, if not, i can't find the official webiste of 2x2 games

I fond of game 2*2.why not create a new version? :roll:

pendant
First Lieutenant

Unread postby pendant » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:00 pm

spillblood wrote:

Hmmm?

Private Noob reporting in after very first '2nd Kharhov' scenario mission. Kudos to devs, very impressive piece of software! (Some very minor annoyances, such as: can't seem to find my way back to the 'History' to replay the first scenario, having now ended it; I have my task bar on the left hand side of the screen and this software sometimes doesn't 'honour' that, shifting entire screen over to the right.)

First impressions are: I second Rola's comment about 'bright future'.

It occurs to me that were the devs to create a version of this that could be easily moddable*, the whole system could go ballistic, since it would open the field up to folks with different fields of interest to create content. Plenty of ball-rolling opportunities.

There are lots of old fogeys like me out there who used to enjoy playing hex wargames in the years BC (Before Computers); and of those there were a very great many, covering many theatres, many periods: past, present, future... a fun half-term break playing SPI's 'Outreach' (a week 'wasted' for my brother, who has never forgiven me for insisting that he play!) springs to mind, would be great to play that again without all the dice, and the counters, and the tedious counting of this, that, the other... oh, and not to forget the removal of the need to upset brothers for decades into the future! :)

* assumes it's not already on the planning board, in progress... or done!

HolyDeath
Captain

Unread postby HolyDeath » Sun May 11, 2014 12:40 pm

Surely you'll be making announcements of some sort when next title will be ready to be shared with the world? I'd be highly interested in knowing where to listen about checking on news for future 2x2 Games.