2x2 games webiste?

Chat about anything.
Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Re: 2x2 games webiste?

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Mon May 12, 2014 1:43 pm

Hi Holy,

just to confirm, we're hard at work on the new title, but I don't want to make any public statements about it just yet.

Once we announce it though, it will be possible to follow the development on our twitter and the blog at least, and maybe some other places too.

Also... glad you're asking :)

Cheers,

Tomislav

HolyDeath
Captain

Unread postby HolyDeath » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:38 pm

Thanks for clearing that up. I've already reserved a slot on my to-buy list and I'll be checking your blog from time to time to make sure I won't miss anything.

spillblood
Major General

Unread postby spillblood » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:44 pm

ironbmike wrote:
spillblood wrote:
Rola wrote:I see a bright future for 2x2. Now that you've created a modern, improved version of Panzer General. Why not make a modern newer version of Civil War Generals?

Hmmm?

No, please no Civil War stuff. You have to understand, we Europeans have no relation to the American Civil War, although I find it pretty interesting (I read some books on the topic, played some Civil War games etc.), but it's simply not as interesting as for example wars in Europe in the 19th century, like the Crimean War, the Franko Prussian war etc. Rather find some topic that's more related to your surroundings and the history you know, maybe Partisan action in former Yugoslavia would be interesting, although I guess it's hard to model in a wargame.
But Pacific theater in WW2 would be awesome, especially if you could include China, Australia, GB etc. as playable nations (for example the advance on Port Moresby on Papua. Just try to bring some topics that haven't been explored in detail in wargames!
Hypothetic scenarios, like WW 3 between USSR and NATO in Europe would also be awesome (you'd have to decide on a time though).

Just make a similar game but in the musket era. This would be flexible enough to allow you to do wars from 1700-1870, European and American.

Yeah, sounds cool. Would be cool if Unity of Command's concept, with rule changes depending on the timeline, would be applied to other eras.

morjammert
Cadet

Unread postby morjammert » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:34 pm

I agree with you, it would be really cool to see this in Unity!