Irc channel to simplify things

PvP. Find opponents here.
Dzeneralen
Newcomer

Irc channel to simplify things

Unread postby Dzeneralen » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:59 pm

I don't know if its possible to build in an irc client in the game, it would be pretty neat.

If that's not worth the effort, why dont you make a irc channel like #UnityOfCommand on Quakenet where people can join when they're looking for opponents.
Would simplify things, you could even use a bot with some scripting where you could write !join easy soviet, then the bot recognizes easy as your skill, and soviet as your team to play.
Then it could match you with a player by giving you the irc name the opponent uses so you could contact him and find out what scenario to battle on :D

Any thoughts?

PS. Not sure if this is posted in the right place, but I figured it would get the most interest here since players here are actually looking for opponents

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Re: Irc channel to simplify things

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:56 pm

We will be adding something to the core game that will help with finding an opponent. I'm not sure how it will work out exactly atm. I'm also considering in-game chat, that would be nice too. We're looking to have this in the "big patch" between now and the first expansion.

If you set up something community based in the meantime, please post on the forums about it. This is all useful input for our own design. Also, there will be a beta test group for the big patch (it will be big, eh?) so you can apply there, we love to get good feedback.

kop101
First Lieutenant

Re: Irc channel to simplify things

Unread postby kop101 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:56 pm

yeah, great idea! Especially because quakenet is the network I am most familiar with :D
It'd be pretty easy to implement, just to add a web irc interface button with predefined settings at 'home, blog, forums, contact' panel. So basically it'll be just two clicks to join chat.
Built in interface would be even better tho.