New Multiplayer System

PvP. Find opponents here.
Ritalingamer
Colonel

New Multiplayer System

Unread postby Ritalingamer » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:40 pm

Hi everyone,
The 2x2 team is rolling out a new multiplayer system to help prevent save scumming and make first turn weather more predictable.

We'd like a couple volunteers to help us do a "test round" to make sure everything is working properly. Please post here to volunteer (with times and days of the week you're available over this weekend and next week) and we'll do some testing.
Note: you don't have to be online when I generate the match, I just want to, whenever possible, pick people with compatible schedules so they can, you know, actually get a proper game out of it.

Here's how the new system will work for tournaments:
1) Matchmaking will be decided. Someone will inform me of who is playing whom on what map and who is Player 1.
2) I will start a match on my system, then use our behind-the-scenes magic to generate a code.
3) The system will email both players with the game code.
4) Player 1 will play his turn as usual, then send it to Player 2.
5) Play will proceed as normal.

Polish Sausage
Cadet

Re: New Multiplayer System

Unread postby Polish Sausage » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:16 pm

You need someone to test. I am your guy between the hrs. of 16:00 and 24:00 GMT. Just ping me. -Polish Sausage

Ritalingamer
Colonel

Unread postby Ritalingamer » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:37 pm

OK, one person is enough. Polish Sausage and I will play a game to test that everything's working properly.

Kampfgruppe
Captain

Unread postby Kampfgruppe » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:21 am

I am available in the evenings after 6pm, central time.

Ritalingamer
Colonel

Unread postby Ritalingamer » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:29 pm

Thank you, gents, for your offer. I've been informed we've done enough internal testing to get started.
I will post instructions on the forum thread here, but the tournament will be organized by the community on Steam http://steamcommunity.com/app/218090